News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My NES Translation Projects  (Read 118653 times)

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: My NES Translation Projects
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2019, 09:16:44 am »
That could very be released this year as well. Tom and I will finish it after Otaku. Then we'll resume work on what could well be our magnum opus on the NES.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: My NES Translation Projects
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2019, 03:18:44 pm »
Well, after a bit of a hiatus I am back at it.

Otaku no Seiza should be in beta pretty soon. I've already beaten the game myself. Might be one of the weirdest game I've worked on.

I'm also nearing the end of my work on Dead Zone. After a lot of starts, stops and considering throwing it in the trash, I can see the light now. Didn't help that I mismanaged the project and straight up botched it. I also changed a lot of crap that was hardcoded and broke the game. Very tedious to fix all that crap. Anyway, I've been playing through the translation and checking everything out. I've managed to clear 3 areas and I believe there's only 2 areas left. I'm hoping that I won't have to make any cuts to the script, but this is the FDS and PRG-RAM limits suck. I made the game's original dictionary compression better and I expanded some files so that the game uses all of the available PRG-RAM. Will it be enough? I hope so!

Once I get that nightmare behind me, I'll restart my playthrough/edit of SD Knight Gundam and finish that up. Then I'll start cracking down on all my other unfinished projects.