News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My NES Translation Projects  (Read 120020 times)

CyberFox

• View Profile
Re: My NES Translation Projects
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18:20 am »
besides the Kunio fighting game, any more translations in the works?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »
I suppose this is an open call for testers. I'm having this small issue of not having enough people to help test games and given that most if not all of my upcoming translations are not small games by any means, I need as many testers as I can get for now and in the future. If anyone's interested in helping out, contact me please.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:01 pm »
Pennywise and others involved, I love you. Thanks for finishing Musashi the Samurai Lord.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2013, 07:11:42 pm »
Those interested in building their own cart of this game, see my awesome label.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »
That's cool to see. I don't know if it was intentional or if you know this, but that guy with the sword isn't the main character of the game or series. He's Kojiro, #2 behind Musashi.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2013, 04:49:41 pm »
The DVD's have him on the all the covers...

It's REALLY hard to find pictures of this series/anime. Any tips?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »
The only thing I know that has decent pictures is Studio Pierrot's website for the series. It's dead now, but can be found with the wayback machine.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2013, 07:42:56 pm »
The only thing I know that has decent pictures is Studio Pierrot's website for the series. It's dead now, but can be found with the wayback machine.

StudioPierrot.com?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:20 pm »
Whatever the official site for the studio is. IIRC you can find the dead link on the wikipedia page.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »
StudioPierrot.com
Yes, when we only started working on this, Pierrot had a specific page in English dedicated to this Anime series with all major terms officially mentioned - unfortunately, they shut it down later...

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2013, 06:00:11 pm »
I've been preoccupied with something else to be able to work on this game. But here are some Rahoi screenshots. It's pretty common for these old DQ clones to limit names to 4 characters, which this game originally did and there were some default names that didn't fit in 4 characters.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:40:17 pm by Pennywise »

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »
2014 might shape up to be a pretty good for my various translations. At least one game changer for sure.

Anyhow, hacking on Heracles is nearly finished, probably 98% done, with hopefully not much else left to hack. It's in the process of alpha testing and there's been at least 5 or so batches of issues that have been dealt with. Here's a few screens of some more work on the game. I'm contemplating doing a name hack that will allow you to name the protag up to 8 characters.

There'll also be a video showing off Rahoi soon. The script edit's at around 25-50% complete I reckon. Currently at a puntastic section with various Japanese cultural riddles.

Lastly, here's a bunch of screenshots for the original Oni game. Should be 99% hacked, but needs to go through alpha testing. Due its simplicity, I don't anticipate really much more hacking to be done to it. Heracles is probably the better GB RPG of the bunch...

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »
Finally, the villain reveals himself.

Been working on Ninja Rahoi for the past few months and am almost done. I reckon I'm around 75% done with my edit/playthrough. I think most of the jokes, puns etc have been dealt with so thank god for that.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2014, 11:19:05 am »
So finally after months of work, I'm just about done with Ninja Rahoi. I expect it will be ready for testing this weekend or early next week. Perhaps it will be released within the month assuming testing zooms by. Although the game keeps track of how much you've played it and it told I played the game for 30 hours, which is kinda big for an NES game. I did use fast-forward a lot though.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2014, 03:54:15 pm »
Ninja Rahoi should see a release in the next week or two here. I found out something interesting about the game though. Instead of battery-backed SRAM saves, the game uses a Famicom add-on called Turbo File for saving. The game was published by ASCII and the device was made by ASCII. Ain't no coincidence. Anyway what this means is that the translation as-is won't be playable on hardware unless you have a Famicom and a Turbo File device. Technically the game is playable, you just won't be able to save. Now I could get around this by hacking in SRAM saves, but I don't feel like going out of my way to do it. Someone else can do that if they want to. I've spent enough time on this game.

In other news, Metal Slader Glory might be ready for testing by the end of the year. The translator has been playing through the WIP ROM and doing an editing pass. There have been various minor issues and other small hacks done while all this was going on and finally the ROM is in a vetted state with no issues remaining. Over the summer I'd like to begin a lengthy script edit to get the script finalized and polished for a release. Given the size of the script, it's gonna take months to finish.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2014, 08:27:34 pm »
I've spent quite a bit of time hacking DoaE GB.

Hacked a shit of menus etc. Most of the screens involving items aren't finalized yet and need to be tweaked once I can fill up the screen and see how everything looks best.

stahl

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2014, 05:16:26 pm »
How's Ninja Rahoi  coming along?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2014, 06:42:20 pm »
Somebody's interested in Ninja Rahoi? The release is imminent.

odino

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2014, 02:10:09 am »
Sounds great. Is it "Ninjara Hoi" or "Ninja Rahoi"?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2014, 12:30:58 pm »
It's either or. I forget the details, but the name is a pun off of something like Sanrio.