I spent some time getting Hitler no Fukkatsu aka Bionic Commando into shape. Expanded the ROM, relocated half the script to another bank. There were also a bunch of weird issues pertaining to data I kinda ignored, which took me a while to sniff out. All in all, it's in good shape though, but my expansion code is a little hackish at this point. Not sure if I'll refine it yet or not.
Anyhow, there's still one relic from the 16x16 font routine that needs to be updated which has to deal with the max number of characters per screen. Also the title screen needs to be hacked, but that appears to use a similar routine as the 16x16 font. The tilemap is stored as 16x16 per byte which will need to be hacked down to 8x8 and the data relocated.
While I'm at it, the complete lack of control codes is incredibly annoying as the initial script need to be padded out so that the line occur properly. I had thought of adding in control codes, but I think it will be easier and better if I rewrite the script to keep the padding to a minimum.
Yeah, I think this game is about 95-99% hacked now.
While I'm at it I might as well reveal another project I'm working on.
Eien Ni Hen's working on the retranslation and I should mention that this project came about by her suggestion, so I think the final script is going to be nothing short of extraordinary. Second draft is still being worked on and the script has been described as one localization decision after another. Here's the intro.
On a semi-related note, you might notice that the fonts are the same for Bionic Commando and PT. That's a coincidence, but what isn't is that both games are very similar in certain aspects of data and code. Both games use a big ass 16x16 font that's remarkably similar, but varies slightly in minor aspect. Also the scripts are stored in a similar manner as well, but the main difference being PT's pointers are sequential and the text uses line breaks whereas BC uses normal pointers with no control codes whatsoever.