News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

BlackPaladin's Patch Progress

Started by BlackPaladin, November 09, 2022, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackPaladin

I've decided to make a forum post that contains information on all of my projects converged into one location.  I figured this is better than making one forum post per project.  Anyway, here's the progress I've been making on my current projects going forward...

1.  Last Armageddon (NES)

Last Armageddon (NES) Translation Patch v1.0 is now officially out!

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6725/

2.  Hikari Shinwa: Palatena no Kagami (FDS)

As of now, I've successfully hacked some screens to display English instead of Japanese.  I'm still learning how to hack FDS games, I'm making progress so far.

3.  Aspic: Mahebiou no Nori (FDS)

Thanks to Bunkai and Ryu-SENSHI, the game's script has been translated.  I'm trying to figure out how to insert it all while working on the game's subtitle screen.

4.  Dracula II: Noroi no Fuuin (FDS)

The code that causes the game to reset constantly after some text has changed was cracked and disabled.  Also, the RLE compression used on the game's text was cracked and an English font was successfully inserted.  Someone contacted me about translating the game, and I did manage to dump the script.  I'm waiting for any progress on the script's translation.

5.  Daikaijuu Deburas (NES)

Progress has stalled on this game.  Playing this game is becoming laborious as it's really, really, REALLY difficult!  I've heard of "Nintendo Hard"... but this is lunacy!  At least, the game's pointer system was figured out, so that's good news, I think.

As for potential future projects...

1.  Moeru! Oniisan (NES)

I managed to start a script dump of the game's text though I haven't confirmed that all text has been dumped yet.  I haven't started looking for a translator for this game's script.

2.  Kamen Rider SD: Grandshocker no Yabou (NES)

Like "Moeru! Oniisan", I did manage to start a script dump of the game's text, but I haven't confirmed that all text has been dumped yet.  I haven't started looking for a translator for this game's script yet, but if someone wants to contact me about it, you can buzz me here on Discord.

BlackPaladin

Patch progress on Last Armageddon (NES) has been completed.  The patch has been submitted to the queue...

Now, we wait...

Zynk

Moeru Oniisan is the JP version of Circus Caper. You may need someone who has watched the anime or read the manga.

BlackPaladin

Quote from: Zynk on November 23, 2022, 10:01:34 PMMoeru Oniisan is the JP version of Circus Caper. You may need someone who has watched the anime or read the manga.

I lucked out in that already.  Ratty (who translated Last Armageddon for me) is working on the translation for Moeru! Oniisan (NES).  Currently, I have half of the three script files translated.  I'm just waiting for the other half.

Bonesy

excited to see last armageddon hit, i recently watched someone go through the old chably "translation" like earlier this year/last year and it's an interesting game.

BlackPaladin

Zandig

Thank you for the English translation of Last Armageddon.
One I've been waiting for a translation on any system. The game has always interested me.

Patched and playing it now.
Will report back anything I find.