News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

FF1 Monster Sprites

Started by Myriadgamers, November 01, 2022, 07:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriadgamers

I am attempting to alter the monster sprites on FF1. I downloaded FFhackster and it worked great for bosses like Lich or Kary, however when I tried to alter the sprites of something like the Imp it always reverts back even if I hit the save button. I assume that I'm missing something easy, but would love to be told what I am doing wrong so I can continue with my project.

Myriadgamers

Ok, for future people who have this problem this is what I did. I originally downloaded the version from this site but it has something just not quite right with it. I downloaded the one from Slick productions site, which was the original author and it fixed the issue I was having. They may want to update the file they have on this site.

https://disch.zophar.net/ffhackster.php

Jorpho

Quote from: Myriadgamers on November 02, 2022, 12:03:16 PMI originally downloaded the version from this site but it has something just not quite right with it.
Are you referring to ffhackster.rar from https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/163/ ? Because that is 100% identical to ffhackster.rar from the site you linked to. You must have done something different on your end.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Myriadgamers

I'm not sure how it got messed up but unpacked the file multiple times. Can't rule out it as a user error. I could be very well mistaken at the source I downloaded from too. Either way if someone else has the issue then maybe this will help.

SuzieStarscream

Hey! Cool that you're editing sprites in FFI.

I did the same thing and used Tile Layer Pro (TLP). You can edit sprites there also and I never had any issues with saving. You can also import BMP files. I chucked a Tonberry into FFI but I did the original artwork in Photoshop. When importing BMPs into TLP, but I found I first had to change the colors to bright red, bright yellow and a very pale blue in order for them to import right.