ROM Hacks: Aztechnology presents: Shadowrun 2058 v1.6

Started by RHDNBot, October 24, 2022, 06:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHDNBot


Update By: vikfield

Hoi, chummers! Shadowrun 2058 is now here. On this occasion, the comrade Vikfield has made a revision of the previous version 1.5 and has managed to improve some former features introduced in that version, thanks to the comments and suggestions of some users and companions of RomHacking net.

As the author of this hack has already said, its purpose is to get as close as possible to the universe of the first editions of Shadowrun (especially to the core rules of the 2nd edition); for that reason this hack could feel a bit "strict" sometimes. For example, the prices of the cyberdecks in the 2nd edition are quite expensive, and this is reflected in version 1.5. but now, in this new release, the prices of the cyberdecks have been taken according to the 1fs edition, which are considerably more accessible. Another interesting improvement is that the negotiation bonuses have been increased when determining the payment of the runs. Perhaps the only new improvement in this new version is that the identities of the gangs and their locations have been modified.

As always, many of the old improvements introduced in later versions remain in this new installment, as well as a general update to other ones.

Vikfield really wants to thank all the people who have shown their interest and have given their support for this project of 5 years already. There are still things to do and the support of all of you is always very valuable. Thank you very much for continuing to show interest in this hack.

Runners, stay in the shadows!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

LROMAIN

Glad to see new developments for this awesome hack !

icemann

Always good to see anything Shadowrun related get some love.

Vikfield

thanks you pals, don't forget reporting any bugs or comment any good idea to me via PM.  :beer:
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

retroided

Hard to tell there is any bugs at all. At "Puyallup Barrens" in "Riannon's magic shoppe" named "Hellblast Spell Focus" but new name of spell is "Hellfire". It seems that there are more such errors, I just play without paying attention to such minor things.
Also, when I installed cyberware it was installed to Joshua and not selected character. I think it was Walking Bear or Ricky. Not sure after what actions this happens.

About shamans. Can you bring back totems or make separate patch to bring them back?

Vikfield

Quote from: retromodel on October 29, 2022, 04:11:11 PMHard to tell there is any bugs at all. At "Puyallup Barrens" in "Riannon's magic shoppe" named "Hellblast Spell Focus" but new name of spell is "Hellfire". It seems that there are more such errors, I just play without paying attention to such minor things.
Also, when I installed cyberware it was installed to Joshua and not selected character. I think it was Walking Bear or Ricky. Not sure after what actions this happens.

About shamans. Can you bring back totems or make separate patch to bring them back?


Thanks for the observation pal, i´m gonna take a look that; and about the shaman totems I think i can bring them back as a separte patch, thanks for the great idea!  ;D
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

Red Soul

Always glad to see more and more development on this one. A real labor of love, turning a game from "meh" to "yeah".

retroided

I don't think it's `.ips` patch itself, it looks like it's I'm messed up something. Maybe. Anyway I just find out that cyberware bug (installed on shadowrunner, essence drained from Joshua) appears only when I'm trying to install cyberware on magic users. And even not from very start of game. And cyberware item borders in body shop highlighted with plum not sahara.



P.S. I have same complaints from previous patches.
P.S.2 Shadorunners is too powerful from start. Especially chromed ones. Can you give any ROM mappings to modify them.
P.S.3 There is too many changes every patch (even 1.6, heh), maybe it's good time to start wiki. I'm gladly do simple wiki, but I don't know all changes myself.

Akadosan

Man no doubt this mod makes the Genesis version of Shadowrun possibly the best Shadowrun game, tho i wish there would be a way to swap music tracks or something.

Vikfield

Quote from: Red Soul on October 29, 2022, 11:15:34 PMAlways glad to see more and more development on this one. A real labor of love, turning a game from "meh" to "yeah".

meu bom amigo Red Soul! allways a plesure reading you :crazy: nice to know you like Shadowrun too.

P.D. I´m still working on Phantasy Star Makeover  ;)
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

Vikfield

Quote from: retromodel on October 30, 2022, 06:52:24 AMI don't think it's `.ips` patch itself, it looks like it's I'm messed up something. Maybe. Anyway I just find out that cyberware bug (installed on shadowrunner, essence drained from Joshua) appears only when I'm trying to install cyberware on magic users. And even not from very start of game. And cyberware item borders in body shop highlighted with plum not sahara.



P.S. I have same complaints from previous patches.
P.S.2 Shadorunners is too powerful from start. Especially chromed ones. Can you give any ROM mappings to modify them.
P.S.3 There is too many changes every patch (even 1.6, heh), maybe it's good time to start wiki. I'm gladly do simple wiki, but I don't know all changes myself.

Hello again, I just did a quick check on the hack and I couldn't find any problems with the essence drained or color highlighted, but i'll keep looking; thank you very much for your interest (for future reference, i was using joshua samurai, and my team consisted of ricky and phantom. I was able to install cyber eyes on ricky with no problem).

I see that you have very interesting ideas, why don't you send me a PM? I am interested in the idea of ��creating a mini wiki or organizing all my notes before losing them  :P

Rock & Roll, chummers!!

retroided

Quote from: Vikfield on October 30, 2022, 10:42:19 PMI see that you have very interesting ideas, why don't you send me a PM?

It's in mailbox.

Red Soul

I don't remember if I asked, but there are patches that make hacking a little less irritating by making sure your programs don't get eaten by ICE. Is this patch compatible with these, Vikfield?

Vikfield

Quote from: Red Soul on November 03, 2022, 07:04:21 PMI don't remember if I asked, but there are patches that make hacking a little less irritating by making sure your programs don't get eaten by ICE. Is this patch compatible with these, Vikfield?

I'm not quite sure I understand, my friend. normally when i do a hack, i do it almost exclusively using a hex editor (except for the graphics editor, of course); When I'm done, I fix the modified ROM with the "FixcCheckSum" program and then do the patch with "Lunar Ips" (which is the same program I patch my ROMs with when downloading a hack from this page). I don't know if this information is of any use to you my friend. saludos!
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

Red Soul

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant the hacking segments within the game, the cyberspace thing. There are some kinds of protection programs inside nodes that can destroy the programs you use, and there's a patch that eliminates those things, so I've been wondering if both your patch and this other one can be used together.