News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

PoPoRoGue - PS1 - English Translation Project

Started by exilekiller, October 02, 2022, 12:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exilekiller

Hi All,

The completion of the first Popolocrois game to English got me excited about possibly translating PopoRogue.  Fortunately, a nice guy made a utility to extract the dialogue lines.  I have started playing around with the first few lines of the game and it seems to be working. Unfortunately, I do not know much Japanese :laugh: .  This could finally be my excuse to learn it.

I would not doubt that others are more capable of this translation so I am always willing to do some project management/compiling if other want to step in.

Current problems.

• Per user LostOkina @Okina, you should extract to get the dialogue.
    EVENT\J_EVENT.BIN
    EVENT\K_EVENT.BIN
    EVENT\V_EVENT.BIN
    EVENT\NPC1.BIN
    EVENT\NPC2.BIN

All bins have info except V_Event which just shows as blank.  Not sure if this is properly importing?
  • Edited the top layer of the Title screen .TIM. When injected in the game, I get this blurry mess, is it a color palette issue?

Look for more updates in the future.

Exilekiller

Felipefpl

Kongrats for your initiative, although i believe this should be in the "Help Wanted Ads" section. ;)
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

ratty

Like Felipefpl said, this should maybe go in the help wanted section if you're asking for help. Though, I'd be interested in helping translate if you'd like :)

KingMike

I'd say most of the posts that get put in Help Wanted are things I don't think should be in there.

I thought it should be like "ROM hacker seeking translator".
Not for asking specific technical questions.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Felipefpl

QuoteI thought it should be like "ROM Hacker Seeking Translator".

Indeed, this is a MUCH better name, i hope it'll be renamed like this someday. And i hope the work of exilekiller here too. :)

Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000