News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

[Translation] [PS2] Tales of the Abyss

Started by Raflos, September 28, 2022, 05:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raflos

Greetings  :)
I'm looking for translators who can help with a fan translation of Tales of the Abyss for Playstation 2.
The game is already available in English, Spanish, and Japanese.

If you speak a Latin-alphabet language, you are welcome to join and start translating right away. I'm designing the game patching tools to work with any Latin-alphabet language. Maybe even non-Latin scripts in the future.
So if you want to help, we'll add your language to the list and you can start translating immediately. It would be amazing to make this fantastic game available in as many languages as possible.
Currently we're working on Portuguese (Brazil) and German translations, but we're eager to add French, Italian or whatever else. It's just a matter of who decides to join, and what language they speak. If you speak Portuguese or German we especially need your help with our current translations.

Thank you.

danuffo

Hello, Raflos. Your idea is interesting.

I don't know what you think but I am a spanish speaker who made some translations in the past but the one you mention is made for Spain users, I always felt like doing another one better localized for latinamerican users.

I am kinnda busy anyway with current projects but let me know if you want to be in contact.

For the sake of localization

Raflos

Quote from: danuffo on September 28, 2022, 06:32:58 PMHello, Raflos. Your idea is interesting.

I don't know what you think but I am a spanish speaker who made some translations in the past but the one you mention is made for Spain users, I always felt like doing another one better localized for latinamerican users.

I am kinnda busy anyway with current projects but let me know if you want to be in contact.

Yeah sure! It should be easy since all of the Castilian files are available.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post discord invites here but here's one anyways: 9jrc44my

JP32

I could do Finnish translation, Im also busy with some other projects so dont expect rabid progress, but its gonna be loooong project anyway so it balances out anyway, I think  ;D .

Raflos

Quote from: JP32 on October 05, 2022, 09:18:47 AMI could do Finnish translation, Im also busy with some other projects so dont expect rabid progress, but its gonna be loooong project anyway so it balances out anyway, I think  ;D .

Yes absolutely!
Sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling.
Here's a new discord invite xBXMQ65y

Vespertilia

Hey there, I am interested in trying to translate a game into Ancient or Medieval Latin.(depending on the game) I have native English ability and Intermediate Latin ability.  I have a lot of technical experience in computer and game programming, but I am somewhat new to rom hacking and assembly code.

Raflos

Quote from: Vespertilia on November 19, 2022, 06:17:40 PMHey there, I am interested in trying to translate a game into Ancient or Medieval Latin.(depending on the game) I have native English ability and Intermediate Latin ability.  I have a lot of technical experience in computer and game programming, but I am somewhat new to rom hacking and assembly code.

Sounds like it would be really difficult for a game as long as this one, but I believe if you put your head to it you can do anything. Here's another discord invite: x5y7NET4