News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Can anyone identify some kanji?

Started by BlackPaladin, December 31, 2022, 11:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackPaladin



This is an image file of some 16x8 kanji in an NES game I had my eye on for some time.  (I won't say from which one... yet.)  I managed to assemble the table file and, at least, one pointer table in this NES game.  The problem is inputting the kanji in the table itself.  (This will be my first time doing something like this.)  Anyway, I was hoping that someone can check out the image of kanji I put up and put them down here in text form.  (You will be credited, of course.)

Once that's taken care of, I can move on to the next step... script dumping.  (This game's script is, fortunately, uncompressed, but the kanji issue is a bit troublesome, currently.)

P.S.:  Some of the kanji in the image may be repeated. I apologize if that's the case.
Looking for Beta Testers for "Aspic: Mahebiou no Noroi (FDS)"

Bunkai

#1
I'm on mobile, excuse me if I wrote something wrong, but I think I got most of them

攻 撃 力 防 御 体 ? 法
? 経 験 値 技 他 系 根?
前 田 性/牲 思 受 R D K
B L 円 男 女 死 勝 負
太 学 生      帝 拳 
       六 車

    停  間 今 日
       帝 拳
  部 回 人間 今 日

From here on, most are repeated and I've only copied those that weren't before.

高校生 週間 尊
Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.

BlackPaladin

Quote from: Bunkai on December 31, 2022, 12:10:51 PMI'm on mobile, excuse me if I wrote something wrong, but I think I got most of them

攻 撃 力 防 御 体 ? 法
? 経 験 値 技 他 系 根?
前 田 性/牲 思 受 R D K
B L 円 男 女 死 勝 負
太 学 生      帝 拳 
       六 車

    停  間 今 日
       帝 拳
  部 回 人間 今 日

From here on, most are repeated and I've only copied those that weren't before.

高校生 週間 尊


Thanks, Bunkai!  You helped me greatly with this.  However, I found more kanji that need identifying.  Can you do that with this batch as well?  (Chances are, I'll be finding more kanji that need to be identified.  I'll post here if that's the case.)

Looking for Beta Testers for "Aspic: Mahebiou no Noroi (FDS)"

Bunkai

#3
Quote from: BlackPaladin on January 02, 2023, 06:48:02 PMThanks, Bunkai!  You helped me greatly with this.  However, I found more kanji that need identifying.  Can you do that with this batch as well?  (Chances are, I'll be finding more kanji that need to be identified.  I'll post here if that's the case.)



Still in mobile, until later in this week. But yes:
? 法 技 他 ? 思 生 街 公 園
帝 拳 病 院 商 店 渋 谷 倉 庫
浅 街 西 実 公 寺 祥 駅 雷 門
園 草 東 帝 拳 商 家 央 部 回

Those 2 left are the same from the other batch, in case you find them.

PS: This one is full of everyday kanjis xD
 (also 渋谷 "shibuya")
Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.

BlackPaladin

Quote from: Bunkai on January 02, 2023, 08:49:49 PMStill in mobile, until later in this week. But yes:
? 法 技 他 ? 思 生 街 公 園
帝 拳 病 院 商 店 渋 谷 倉 庫
浅 街 西 実 公 寺 祥 駅 雷 門
園 草 東 帝 拳 商 家 央 部 回

Those 2 left are the same from the other batch, in case you find them.

PS: This one is full of everyday kanjis xD
 (also 渋谷 "shibuya")

Thanks again!  Now, I have another bath that could use some identification.  I apologize if any of them are repeats from earlier images.  This game is weird when it comes to its kanji dictionary.

Looking for Beta Testers for "Aspic: Mahebiou no Noroi (FDS)"

Bunkai

#5
Quote from: BlackPaladin on January 03, 2023, 12:42:51 AMThanks again!  Now, I have another bath that could use some identification.  I apologize if any of them are repeats from earlier images.  This game is weird when it comes to its kanji dictionary.



Yep, as you said, this bath was a repetition of previous ones, so they are clean now xD

人 寺 祥 駅 雷 実 庫 浅 技 公 園 渋 谷 病 家
央 倉 公 店 病 中 院 橋 東 高 草 谷 園 雷 病 
吉 寺 門 祥 駅 駅 拳 拳 店 帝 商 街 吉 拳 駅
院 橋 実 庫 浅 技 公 園 雷 病 雷 病 院 橋 高
Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.

Trickless

#6
Quote from: BlackPaladin on January 02, 2023, 06:48:02 PMThanks, Bunkai!  You helped me greatly with this.  However, I found more kanji that need identifying.  Can you do that with this batch as well?  (Chances are, I'll be finding more kanji that need to be identified.  I'll post here if that's the case.)


Top left (F506) is 殺

Edit:
Quote from: BlackPaladin on December 31, 2022, 11:44:17 AM
First character on the second row (F508) could be 戦 ?

Bunkai

Quote from: Trickless on January 03, 2023, 08:04:14 AMTop left (F506) is 殺

Edit:First character on the second row (F508) could be 戦 ?

Good catches :thumbsup:
Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.

BlackPaladin

Thank you again to you, Bunkai and Trickless, for identifying more of those kanji.  I found a few more.  I don't know if any of these are more repeats, so I apologize if they are.

Looking for Beta Testers for "Aspic: Mahebiou no Noroi (FDS)"

Bunkai

Quote from: BlackPaladin on January 03, 2023, 02:51:37 PMThank you again to you, Bunkai and Trickless, for identifying more of those kanji.  I found a few more.  I don't know if any of these are more repeats, so I apologize if they are.



Yes, they were there before:
西 実 吉 雷 浅

For the record, I tell you when they were because if any of them is wrong you would have to change it there too. Hopefully they are all correct tho.
I mean, i don't say it in a bad mood or anything.
Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.