Are there any websites for walkthroughs for ROM Hacks?

Started by MorteTorment, September 24, 2022, 12:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorteTorment

I'd like to know if there's any, especially for SNES game Rom Hacks for games like Super Mario World, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger.

FAST6191

ROM hacks is niche, ROM hacks that change the game substantially enough that it merits a whole new FAQ is even more so -- total conversions and unofficial sequels being the main two that might see such a thing be warranted.

To that end I don't know that I have ever seen one save perhaps one that came with a hack once, and the changes made to any stats in a rebalance/difficulty tweak hack tend to be included in the readme such that you can adjust normal play strategies accordingly.

For Mario I saw some stuff aimed at those doing Kaizo hacks at one point but that is closer to a how to speedrun, boss rush or challenge run type guide than something I might normally see on gamefaqs, not to mention Kaizo tends to be about learning things yourself and making your own strategies.

Ligeia

For this kind of thing I think the best is to look for a longplay of the hack on YT. That's probably as close you can get