GTA VI gameplay footage leaked over the weekend...

Started by Googie, September 19, 2022, 02:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Googie

Yesterday I was on Twitter and I saw that a hacker hack Rockstar Games and somewhere got videos of a build on GTA VI, videos were all over YouTube about it. It was a whole big mess over the weekend and I was kinda surprised, cause this game was under wraps.

Here's a video with more detail about GTA VI

Rockstar is taking down videos of GTA VI, gotta love the age of technology.

ShadowOne333

Apparently even the entire source code of GTAV was leaked with the hacking entry.
Even more, I think other companies got hit as well, I heard somewhere that even EA got source code leaked too lol

ThatGuyOverThere

Quote from: Googie on September 19, 2022, 02:43:22 PMYesterday I was on Twitter and I saw that a hacker hack Rockstar Games and somewhere got videos of a build on GTA VI, videos were all over YouTube about it. It was a whole big mess over the weekend and I was kinda surprised, cause this game was under wraps.

Here's a video with more detail about GTA VI

Rockstar is taking down videos of GTA VI, gotta love the age of technology.

It's cute that they can win at a game of million-player whack a mole.

Felipefpl

Rockstar deserved what they got. Geez, what kind of idiots keep valuable stuff like the game's source code among other important things in computers connected to the internet...?  ::)
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

CrocMagnum

Some new developments about the GTA VI leak:

- a UK Teenager has been arrested on Sept 22. Source: London Police Tweet

- to avoid these kind of leaks in the future Rockstar Games is now looking for an "Investigation Analyst". Source: Job Offer on Hitmarker (offer posted yesterday)
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

FAST6191

If those are the kinds of skills they are after for an investigations analyst then it is a wonder this has not happened sooner/every 5 days for the last 30 years.
Equally if those are the kinds of skills that found the leakers in this instance then... oh dear.