Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World: Definitive Edition

Started by gamingcat02261991, August 17, 2022, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim35

Quote from: SMB64 on September 19, 2022, 06:47:10 AMI think you're looking for this forum: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29877.0
It's pretty dead now, as the project is on hold due to Pocket going through some life issues as well as lack of active members and spriters.

1) I knew about this project and him stopping it but seems like he wasn't seriously working on it. 2) he said flat out he's not working on super Mario world which really needs not just accurate sprites but improved sprites in general because look at bowsers sprite etc. they don't look like snes sprites.

It stinks there's no group of sprite artists working on these games not just improving sprites but getting someone to improve gameplay to play better as well. :(

SMB64

I came up with a few suggestions for you to consider:
1. incorporating this hack from SMA4: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3323/
2. Bringing to the table the save from SMA4 as well, allowing one to replay completed levels, as well as pressing B brings you to a world select.
3. Replacing the warm white on the Bros. and Toad, and as an optional patch, making Toad blue, like the original SMB2
3. Maybe include the map from SMBDX.
4. I know you're trying to make the game modern, but I was hoping for an optional patch, you could change the pallets of the mushrooms to match that of SMB1 & Lost Levels.
5. Removing the whites from the eyes of the small characters in SMB2, to be constant with the rest of the games.
6. Bringing over pocket's version of Peach from his hack, as I think that was a really good sprite of Peach, or at least take inspiration from it, such as eye whites & eyelashes, and also adding some blue and yellow to her brooch, and blue and red to her crown.

Thanks for your time, and you don't have to do these, as I thought these might make the game better.

SMB64

BTW, I forgot to mention the Mario & Luigi mode for SMB3, and the Mario & Luigi R button switch for SMW, and Luigi physics for SMB1, SMB3 & SMW.
Thanks again for your time.

Nintenja


Midnight Metronome

The spiny egg "bug" is not actually a bug. It was most likely just commented out or changed because it may have been seen as too hard. SMB the lost levels on the other hand was purposefully hard as it was more like a SMB "hard version" more than a sequel.

erpster2

Quote from: kayhacker98 on September 17, 2022, 08:38:50 PMMaybe add it to the game as a additional game or one of the optional patches?
idk

not likely to happen


SMB64


gamingcat02261991

Quote from: SMB64 on September 23, 2022, 04:04:25 PMI came up with a few suggestions for you to consider:
1. incorporating this hack from SMA4: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3323/
2. Bringing to the table the save from SMA4 as well, allowing one to replay completed levels, as well as pressing B brings you to a world select.
3. Replacing the warm white on the Bros. and Toad, and as an optional patch, making Toad blue, like the original SMB2
3. Maybe include the map from SMBDX.
4. I know you're trying to make the game modern, but I was hoping for an optional patch, you could change the pallets of the mushrooms to match that of SMB1 & Lost Levels.
5. Removing the whites from the eyes of the small characters in SMB2, to be constant with the rest of the games.
6. Bringing over pocket's version of Peach from his hack, as I think that was a really good sprite of Peach, or at least take inspiration from it, such as eye whites & eyelashes, and also adding some blue and yellow to her brooch, and blue and red to her crown.

Thanks for your time, and you don't have to do these, as I thought these might make the game better.
1. Not gonna happen.
2. Again, not gonna happen.
3. Once again, not gonna happen.
4. I'll consider it for an optional patch.
5. Again, I'll consider it for an optional patch.
6. One more time, not gonna happen.

Quote from: SMB64 on September 26, 2022, 11:56:04 AMBTW, I forgot to mention the Mario & Luigi mode for SMB3, and the Mario & Luigi R button switch for SMW, and Luigi physics for SMB1, SMB3 & SMW.
Thanks again for your time.
Geez, you're asking a lot of me. Again, optional patches.

Quote from: Nintenja on September 27, 2022, 07:29:22 PMMsu1 compatibility?
That'll be another optional patch.

Quote from: Midnight Metronome on September 27, 2022, 08:56:55 PMThe spiny egg "bug" is not actually a bug. It was most likely just commented out or changed because it may have been seen as too hard. SMB the lost levels on the other hand was purposefully hard as it was more like a SMB "hard version" more than a sequel.
Uh, I think The Cutting Room Floor's page on Super Mario All-Stars (and both the original SMB and Lost Levels) may say otherwise involving what you just said.

Also, please don't overload me with too many optional patch requests. Remember, I'm still working on the graphics for SMB1 and SMB3.

Midnight Metronome

The cutting room floor is wrong if they say it's a bug. There's is another place, I forget where, but they analyzed the rom data and said it's undetermined whether it's a bug or not. It could have just been commented out. It's unlikely that it's a bug. It's too simple of a fix and too obvious of a thing to be an unfixed bug.

gamingcat02261991

Quote from: Midnight Metronome on October 13, 2022, 05:26:29 PMThe cutting room floor is wrong if they say it's a bug. There's is another place, I forget where, but they analyzed the rom data and said it's undetermined whether it's a bug or not. It could have just been commented out. It's unlikely that it's a bug. It's too simple of a fix and too obvious of a thing to be an unfixed bug.
Well, pardon me for getting my facts from the wrong place...  :banghead:

doublebass1985

Quote from: Midnight Metronome on October 13, 2022, 05:26:29 PMThe cutting room floor is wrong if they say it's a bug. There's is another place, I forget where, but they analyzed the rom data and said it's undetermined whether it's a bug or not. It could have just been commented out. It's unlikely that it's a bug. It's too simple of a fix and too obvious of a thing to be an unfixed bug.
you'd be surprised with how many errors I have fixed in my hack of SMB3 (over 100+) So it's not out of the question Nintendo might not catch bugs or errors.  However I do feel like in this instance it's probably not a bug either.