Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World: Definitive Edition

Started by gamingcat02261991, August 17, 2022, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamingcat02261991

I'm currently working on a ROM Hack of Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World. It gives, for example, Mario and Luigi their original poses in Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels in addition to fixing the Brick Block physics and Lakitu's infamous Spiny Egg throwing bug, (hopefully) restores the unused tomato in the final battle against Wart in Super Mario Bros. 2, gives Mario and Luigi the whites of their eyes and their gloves in Super Mario Bros. 3 in addition to giving Luigi consistent Star Jump and Small-to-Super sprites, and some graphical alterations in Super Mario World like removing Lemmy and Wendy's anklebands and (hopefully) restoring Iggy's original hairstyle. For some of the sprites, I'll give credit to SuperSledgeBro, TomAndTheCats, JRMaster, and other users on The Spriters Resource and MFGG who made them possible. For the Lakitu Bug Fix, I'll give credit to ZeroShift. For the Brick Block Bug Fix, I'll give credit to BMF54123. For SMB2 graphical fixes (with the exception of Mario and Luigi retaining their colored shirts and blue overalls), I'll give credit to ShadowOne333, The_Lunatic_IPS, DarkSamus993, and spiffy. For SMW patches, I'll give credit to users on SMW Central. And I'll especially give credit to Nintendo for providing us with this five-in-one masterpiece that I'm currently improving. Wish me luck!

Bonesy

ok but there are no screenshots or actual progress demonstrated here

gamingcat02261991

Just one problem: I don't know how to upload a screenshot. If I did, I'd show you a screenshot of SMB3's opening sequence.

niuus

Quote from: gamingcat02261991 on August 17, 2022, 08:58:24 PMJust one problem: I don't know how to upload a screenshot. If I did, I'd show you a screenshot of SMB3's opening sequence.

Imgur.com  :beer: 

sjcorrea

For both Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, could you please make the overalls blue and the shirts red and green?

SMB64

Sjcorrea, I think that should be an optional patch rather than the default.

Also, I had some suggestions like, making the ground all brick-like, or dirt like for the Lost Levels, rather than the grass in game, as well as making the bushes like the NES version, and the original, non-shared assets of SMB1 & the Lost Levels being restored. Also, could you make the tail of the Raccoon and Tanooki forms orange and black instead of brown and light brown. And also some touch ups to the koopalings in SMW and SMB3 so they look less goofy, as well as update the pallets, ESPECIALLY in SMW, as they share with the Yoshi's and Koopas.

Good luck with the project man, and please don't cancel this, I really look forward to it :thumbsup:

gamingcat02261991

Quote from: sjcorrea on August 20, 2022, 07:58:04 PMFor both Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, could you please make the overalls blue and the shirts red and green?

Already being worked on, just not as an optional patch. Though, there WILL be an optional patch for the original switched colors, which will also apply to Super Mario Bros. 2 (the game that was converted from Doki Doki Panic, as we know all too well).

Sure.
Quote from: SMB64 on August 26, 2022, 08:05:03 PMSjcorrea, I think that should be an optional patch rather than the default.

Also, I had some suggestions like, making the ground all brick-like, or dirt like for the Lost Levels, rather than the grass in game, as well as making the bushes like the NES version, and the original, non-shared assets of SMB1 & the Lost Levels being restored. Also, could you make the tail of the Raccoon and Tanooki forms orange and black instead of brown and light brown. And also some touch ups to the koopalings in SMW and SMB3 so they look less goofy, as well as update the pallets, ESPECIALLY in SMW, as they share with the Yoshi's and Koopas.

Good luck with the project man, and please don't cancel this, I really look forward to it :thumbsup:

The stuff you mentioned earlier for the hack, SMB64, like the NES bushes, non-shared assets restored, etc. will also be a part of optional patches, too. But, the main focus is helping to not only modernize the game (such as giving Luigi his Fox and Kitsune forms from the Super Leaf and Tanooki Suit, respectively), but also make it better. Oh, and I would never cancel this project. It just takes a long time for me to work on it.

Quote from: niuus on August 18, 2022, 03:45:10 AMImgur.com  :beer: 

That's the problem: I don't have an Imgur account, and I'm trying to figure out how to post screenshots from the screenshots part of the Snes9x folder directly to replies.

The Beaky Buccaneer

Quote from: gamingcat02261991 on September 09, 2022, 11:29:09 AMThat's the problem: I don't have an Imgur account
You don't need one - just go here, mouse over the top-right corner once the image is uploaded, and then copy the BBCode. :)

niuus

Quote from: gamingcat02261991 on September 09, 2022, 11:29:09 AMThat's the problem: I don't have an Imgur account, and I'm trying to figure out how to post screenshots from the screenshots part of the Snes9x folder directly to replies.
You never needed it. Just drag and drop, copy and paste the BBCode here, that's it.

SMB64

Quote from: gamingcat02261991 on September 09, 2022, 11:29:09 AMAlready being worked on, just not as an optional patch. Though, there WILL be an optional patch for the original switched colors, which will also apply to Super Mario Bros. 2 (the game that was converted from Doki Doki Panic, as we know all too well).

Sure.
The stuff you mentioned earlier for the hack, SMB64, like the NES bushes, non-shared assets restored, etc. will also be a part of optional patches, too. But, the main focus is helping to not only modernize the game (such as giving Luigi his Fox and Kitsune forms from the Super Leaf and Tanooki Suit, respectively), but also make it better. Oh, and I would never cancel this project. It just takes a long time for me to work on it.

That's the problem: I don't have an Imgur account, and I'm trying to figure out how to post screenshots from the screenshots part of the Snes9x folder directly to replies.
OK, so I understand your goal now. Also, would it be ok if I gave a few more suggestions for optional patches? Not to make it more modern, but because I saw that you plan to use the NES poses, and a lightbulb just went off in my head and then, I just kept thinking of things. So would that be alright?

gamingcat02261991

Quote from: The Beaky Buccaneer on September 09, 2022, 11:44:39 AMYou don't need one - just go here, mouse over the top-right corner once the image is uploaded, and then copy the BBCode. :)
Thanks.

Here's the first screenshot, based on Super Mario Bros. 3:

Quote from: SMB64 on September 11, 2022, 11:44:31 AMOK, so I understand your goal now. Also, would it be ok if I gave a few more suggestions for optional patches? Not to make it more modern, but because I saw that you plan to use the NES poses, and a lightbulb just went off in my head and then, I just kept thinking of things. So would that be alright?
I'm glad you understand. And yes, it would be alright. If only there were a way to prevent SMB1 and SMBLL from sharing tilesets and shared backgrounds. That way, an optional patch that would utilize modified Lost Levels sprites in its proper game courtesy of SuperSledgeBro as well. That, and have palettes restored to certain areas (like World 6-3 of Super Mario Bros., for example) and the unique fake Bowsers in Worlds 8-4, 9-3, and D-4 (with the latter also making it so that the palette of the flames in Worlds 8-4 and D-4 use the same palette as the real Bowser regardless).

kayhacker98

SMB64

Quote from: kayhacker98 on September 12, 2022, 02:01:54 AMWhat about All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros?
What do you mean about All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros?

kayhacker98

SMB64

gamingcat02261991

kayhacker98

Quote from: SMB64 on September 17, 2022, 12:00:24 PMI know what it is, I'm asking what this has to do with the hack?
Maybe add it to the game as a additional game or one of the optional patches?
idk

jim35

Are you going to make the sprites closer to the promotion art including the super Mario world sprites?

kayhacker98

Quote from: jim35 on September 18, 2022, 02:26:06 PMAre you going to make the sprites closer to the promotion art including the super Mario world sprites?
oh...   sorry but i'm not a spriter. :(

SMB64

Quote from: jim35 on September 18, 2022, 02:26:06 PMAre you going to make the sprites closer to the promotion art including the super Mario world sprites?
I think you're looking for this forum: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29877.0
It's pretty dead now, as the project is on hold due to Pocket going through some life issues as well as lack of active members and spriters.