Translations: The Legend of Princess Kaguya

Started by RHDNBot, July 31, 2022, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHDNBot


Update By: FCandChill

A new complete translation of Kaguya Hime Densetsu (The Legend of Princess Kaguya) for the Famicom has been released. This game was originally translated by snark back in 2009 until it was passed off to Pennywise and Eien Ni Hen for further improvement. It was then years later passed off to and finished by FCandChill. Project timelines aside, this is a vast improvement over the original translation. The rom was expanded, giving the script far more room to breathe and menus were expanded. Additionally, this new project addresses many lost detail and translation issues.

In any case, The Legend of Princess Kaguya is a fun little Famicom adventure game worth checking out. It has a quirky sense of humor and with a lot of fun characters. Featured inside is a fully translated manual, with game hints on how to progress.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

BlackPaladin

Congratulations on the release of your game patch!  I'm looking forward to playing this game!  ;)

nodavidcage

I saw two ROMs of the gqame, but no matter which got patched, FLIPS said that the patch was not designed for the ROM.  I tried changing the file names to match each other, but no matter what I did the patch did not work.  Can anyone help me with this?

Felipefpl

Quote from: nodavidcage on August 07, 2022, 02:23:03 PMI saw two ROMs of the gqame, but no matter which got patched, FLIPS said that the patch was not designed for the ROM.  I tried changing the file names to match each other, but no matter what I did the patch did not work.  Can anyone help me with this?

The rom is a good dump? Does it need a header or is it not needed?
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000


FCandChill

I get this type of question a lot. I use the most up to date rom dumps as base images and unfortunately, a lot of rom sites use really old scene releases.

Here's the rom's relevant dat from No-intro's dat-o-matic. I would suggest referencing this site when patching roms if you're not sourcing your roms from a no-intro set.

     Format:     Headered
    File:     
Kaguya Hime Densetsu (Japan).nes
       Size:     262160
       CRC32:     69565d0e  [selected]
       MD5:     e1b9a8a74b4c85bef1062aaa28140e23
       SHA-1:     083ef41cd1660daf3d1a203d6c2a191ba749ac70
       SHA-256:     92eaeed907033948bf17a1590242ba089bc941e986046fc9563cb03b7b619e3b
       Note:     [iNES header is '4E 45 53 1A 10 00 12 08 00 00 70 07 00 00 00 01'. Headered ROM created using NewRisingSun's NES 2.0 XML version 2021-12-25 and Kitrinx's NES Header Repair Tool commit 77920fc]

Anyway, the source rom is from 2021 and uses iNES header 2.0. Either update the header accordingly based on the above DAT or force the rom to be patched in romhacking.net's patcher.