PlaneScape: Torment Unfinished Business - Reloaded 2.0

Started by Felipefpl, October 15, 2022, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felipefpl

Here is a nice mod where i worked as a translator, i'm sure that there are ppl who played this game here although some perhaps didnt restore its content.  :cookie:

A mod for PST and PST:EE, based on Qwinn's PS:T Unfinished Business, that restores cut or unfinished content.

Overview

This mod is a continuation of Qwinn's original PS:T Unfinished Business (PST-UB), based on version 4.12. It has been completely overhauled and made compatible with Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition in addition to classic Planescape: Torment.

The mod is currently available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.

From the original PST-UB readme: This WeiDU mod takes the almost-but-not-quite-finished content that shipped with Black Isle's classic Planescape: Torment CRPG, and finishes and polishes it so you can actually see and enjoy the new content in your game. And as you shall soon see, there's quite a bit of it. Version 4.0 of this mod comes with no less than 18 full and non-trivial restorations.

Components

All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components
    Restored Able Ponder-Thought Research
    Restored More Morte Mortuary Moments
    Restored Candlestick Quest
    Restored Deionarra's Truth Conversations
    Restored Pendant of Yemeth Quest
    Restored Elyce & Company Quest
    Restored Curst Citizens
    Restored Curst Prisoners
    Restored Carl Parfidor
    Restored Alley of Dangerous Angles Thugs
    Restored Morte & Ingress's Teeth Banter
    Restored Items
    Restored Party Comments and Banters
    Restored Mebbeth
    Restored Lower Ward Encounters
    Restored Bestiary Entries
    Restored Lothar's Abode
    Restored Tenement of Thugs (PST:EE only)
    Restored Spell Keys (PST:EE only)
    Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod
    Restored Item Cheats (Not Recommended)
    Miscellaneous Restorations and Improvements

More details can be found in the mod's readme.

What's New in Version 2.0 (See full changelog)

Added new component: Restored Spell Keys
    Added new component: Miscellaneous Restorations and Improvements
    Added Brazilian Portuguese readme (thanks Felipe)
    Added component labels for Project Infinity

https://github.com/Argent77/PST-UB-reloaded
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

Jorpho

I have spent twenty years intending to play this game, so I guess it's just as well that I waited a little longer.

I would have thought a lot of this content would have been included in the Enhanced Edition by default.

Is it still okay to go with the Enhanced Edition, or is it recommended to wrangle the original version into a playable state?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Felipefpl

You can go with the enhanced but be sure to read EVERYTHING before you mod the game, you need to get another mod before you apply any mod to any enhanced game from beamdog. ;)

There are also other mods you may want to install (banter accelerator from the same author from UB is a good example, it's hard to see all banters in the game due to the speed they are triggered in-game) but there are others that change the GUI a bit, etc, etc. Better to check PS:T forum dedicated to the mods to see which ones may interest you/others:

https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/pst%3Aee-mods

PS: The author NEVER said those are all restorations that needed to be done. I guess only beamdog/the original devs know what else was left out. ;)
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000