News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Are children allowed to submit/be on this site?

Started by Sonicman, July 13, 2022, 11:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonicman

Just in case, like, a kid is a really skilled kid. Here's an idea to what i mean. Let's say, there's a kid named Peter. Peter ALWAYS loved retro games and sometimes made romhacks. He wants them to put them on this site. Would Peter be allowed upload his games? Im pretty sure Peter would be allowed, since your policy mentions things gotta be safe for work AND school. Not just work, school. Would children be allowed?

gibsongilbert

Quote from: Sonicman on July 13, 2022, 11:06:31 AMJust in case, like, a kid is a really skilled kid. Here's an idea to what i mean. Let's say, there's a kid named Peter. Peter ALWAYS loved retro games and sometimes made romhacks. He wants them to put them on this site. Would Peter be allowed upload his games? Im pretty sure Peter would be allowed, since your policy mentions things gotta be safe for work AND school. Not just work, school. Would children be allowed? gb whatsapp
I think you should need to ask can peter upload his romhacks with the permission of his parents if there had an account on this site otherwise you should have to directly contact with site owner via PM message or email....

Stardiot

Unless anyone were above 13 years old, no underage children were allowed on this site. Did I'm the only one to reply here?

KingMike

No replies because this is a rather sensitive topic.
By US law, users under 13 are expected to have asked their parents permission first.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

JKPhage

Quote from: KingMike on August 01, 2022, 10:51:31 AMNo replies because this is a rather sensitive topic.

Let's be honest here. Nobody replied because it's painfully obvious that a child made this post, and 95% of this forum had to bite their tongue to not punch down at a kid with some sarcastic response, which most of us know is just not a good look. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, and all that jazz.

Sonicman

Thanks everybody! Yes, I did get permission, and I would love to be in the world of Rom Hacking! Cheers everybody!

ananyaa

Quote from: Stardiot on August 01, 2022, 10:13:02 AMUnless anyone were above 13 years old, no underage children were allowed on this site. Did I'm the only one to reply here?
I think for the kids from US, they have to take permission from their parents.

werewolfslayr925

Quote from: JKPhage on August 07, 2022, 01:57:06 AMLet's be honest here. Nobody replied because it's painfully obvious that a child made this post, and 95% of this forum had to bite their tongue to not punch down at a kid with some sarcastic response, which most of us know is just not a good look. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, and all that jazz.

That's merely a testament to the cynicism of this community - or at least your own cynicism.

I think it's cool that a kid is interested in this hobby enough to even browse this site. It shows that this hobby (and retro gaming in general) won't die with the older generation. We merely need to gatekeep and teach the youngins what we can and help them like we would any other newbie.
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.