News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Operation: Black Mesa

Started by Googie, July 12, 2022, 07:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Googie

Another game that's on my radar, they're remakes of Half Life: Opposing Force & Half Life: Blue Shift.

The games are TBD, but from what I saw on their Steam Page this is going to be pretty cool. Here's the Steam Page if you wanna take a look, I wish listed it already, I'm a big Half Life fan.

If you like the Half Life remake Black Mesa, I'm sure you'll like these games when they come out.

Valve, c'mon bruh, work on Half Life 3. :D

Sliver X

It's been in development since 2008 or so, and the last I remember hearing about it was a few years ago when the developers released videos showing fundamental functionality like AI and lighting, so I wouldn't hold my breath on it ever being released.

Black Mesa was also in development for ages but had tangible releases at points over the years leading up to the final game.

Jorpho

Quote from: Sliver X on July 12, 2022, 09:33:35 PMso I wouldn't hold my breath on it ever being released.
Gadzooks! Next you'll be saying that we should play the games we've already bought and played for rather than being overly concerned with an upcoming release!

I thought this thread was going to be about the recently announced remake of Black Mesa in Half-Life. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
https://www.pcgamer.com/half-life-remake-black-mesa-is-getting-a-remake-in-the-original-half-life-engine/

I would have thought more work on Decay would be appropriate, since it never got an official PC release.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!