News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Help port FF2us script to FF4j

Started by FinalC, July 03, 2022, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalC

I would like to port the FF2us script to FF4j, but I don't have any idea how to do it. I don't have a huge amount of time to learn all the ins and outs of ROMhacking, so if there is a patch floating around somewhere already, that would be great. I looked at some of the beginner pages on the site and also some of the FF2 editors but didn't get anywhere.

Of course, the names of removed content (spells, etc.) that never got translated will have to be added to the FF2us script, something I would do ideally in continuity with the GBA translation or the series at large.

I also tried opening a translation .ips in Notepad but that was not useful either.

I'm not a fan of the FF4gba translation and I don't feel like wading into all of the fan translations out there, but I also want to experience the original version of the game and not the gutted FF2us version. Hence my desire. In time, I may make some small changes to the script for clarity and whatnot. We'll see.

I imagine this project could also be useful to anyone who grew up with the original script and has nostalgia for it.

Thanks so much. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm new here.

FlamePurge

Check out and discuss my projects