How complete is RPGone's translation of FF II WonderSwan?

Started by T92, June 28, 2022, 02:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T92

I was looking at RPGone's FF II WonderSwan translation and seems the project was abandoned before the phase 2 wich was going to fix the translation.

So I would like to know how complete it is and how difficult it would be to finish phase 2 (Porting the GBA or PS1 Script). 

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Sliver X

It's totally complete: It uses the Neo Demiforce translation of the NES version.

I guess newer versions had a better translation, overall, but the Demiforce one is still miles ahead of the one in the NES FF2 USA prototype that leaked a while back.

FlamePurge

Quote from: T29 on June 28, 2022, 02:42:57 PMI was looking at RPGone's FF II WonderSwan translation and seems the project was abandoned before the phase 2 wich was going to fix the translation.

So I would like to know how complete it is and how difficult it would be to finish phase 2 (Porting the GBA or PS1 Script). 

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

i do know FFI WSC Was never finished. i know that doesn't help though.
Check out and discuss my projects

T92

Quote from: Sliver X on June 30, 2022, 05:46:17 PMIt's totally complete: It uses the Neo Demiforce translation of the NES version.

I guess newer versions had a better translation, overall, but the Demiforce one is still miles ahead of the one in the NES FF2 USA prototype that leaked a while back.
:thumbsup:

T92

Quote from: FlamePurge on June 30, 2022, 05:49:02 PMi do know FFI WSC Was never finished. i know that doesn't help though.
Maybe it would be easier and better to complete FF I instead.

Rabite890

KingMike

Quote from: Sliver X on June 30, 2022, 05:46:17 PMIt's totally complete: It uses the Neo Demiforce translation of the NES version.

Pretty sure they never got to it.
The point of using existing translations was to get something playable out, before worrying about actually translating the text in the exact version.

I'd guess the fact that the PS1 version was released sometime in the interim put it way down in the priority list.
I think that is was around then when ChrisRPG started to sick and lose contact with other members for months at a time, and what he did show work on was the FF6 retranslation. And then he passed away in, I believe it was early 2006.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018