News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

How do I add a translation request?

Started by JustSearchingForGoodHacks, August 17, 2022, 10:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustSearchingForGoodHacks

So yeah, I know it sounds kinda dumb, probably, but I have no clue how to add a translation request into Translations Request List on Data Crystal. I know there is supposed to be a button which should allow me to change text on the page but I just couldn't find it. I have no clue what to do. Can someone please explain how can I add a translation request?

Bavi_H

The current way to get a Data Crystal account is to go to the ROMhacking.net Discord server and send a private message:

1. To get to the Discord server: In the menu at the top of ROMhacking.net, go to Community and then choose Chat.

2. In ROMhacking.net's Discord server, go to the #datacrystal channel and refer to the pinned message there:

Quotesnarf — 05/17/2021
If you'd like to create an account, PM @snarf your username of choice and a valid email address. You will receive an email with your temporary password and instructions to log in.

JustSearchingForGoodHacks

Quote from: Bavi_H on August 17, 2022, 10:27:14 AMThe current way to get a Data Crystal account is to go to the ROMhacking.net Discord server and send a private message:

1. To get to the Discord server: In the menu at the top of ROMhacking.net, go to Community and then choose Chat.

2. In ROMhacking.net's Discord server, go to the #datacrystal channel and refer to the pinned message there:

So, are you saying that I can't alter the Data Crystal Pages unless I have an account? I thought that you don't need an account to alter Wiki pages.

Bavi_H

Quote from: JustSearchingForGoodHacks on August 17, 2022, 10:40:15 AMSo, are you saying that I can't alter the Data Crystal Pages unless I have [a Data Crystal] account? I thought that you don't need an account to alter Wiki pages.

MediaWiki software can be configured to only allow logged in users to have edit ability, so the ability to edit pages without having an account may be different for any particular wiki site. The online encyclopedia Wikipedia allows anyone to edit most pages without having to log in; however, Data Crystal only allows logged in users to edit pages.

Here at ROMhacking.net, a ROMhacking.net forum and submission account is a completely separate account from a Data Crystal wiki account. (Sometimes people suggest you can use your ROMhacking.net forum account to edit pages on Data Crystal, but this doesn't work. Maybe it did in the past?)