News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake

Started by Googie, June 07, 2022, 06:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Googie

You read the title right, a free fan remake of RECV is in the works by three people. I'm actually waiting for this game more than the Resident Evil 4 Remake that's coming out next year.

You can check out the website here, there's also a link to their YouTube video showing around five minutes of game play, and they're using Claire's model from RE2 Remake. Another game I'll be keeping an eye on it's according to the website it should be released sometime this year, if there's a delay on the release I'm all for it.

Take notes, Capcom. Hopefully you won't pull a cease and desist on them.  ;)

Googie

I wanna share this with you fellas, the demo was released earlier today on their discord server.

If you'd like to try it out, get the demo here. I'll try this out over the weekend.  :D

Idkbutlike2

I'll say what I usually say about these kinds of projects: keep them on the downlow and don't spread the word about them until they're done.

pianohombre

Cease and Desist. I struggled with this game for some reason but didn't have trouble with most of the other series though.
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds

JKPhage

Quote from: pianohombre on July 05, 2022, 12:50:41 AMCease and Desist.

In fairness, someone did something similar for Resident Evil 2 and the only reason Capcom came out and handed them a cease and desist (in a very sheepish and apologetic manner I might add) is that they were working on their own remake. That was how the entire world found out about the RE2 remake. While I'm loathe to give Capcom any praise after how hard they shit all over Megaman fans a decade or so back and still haven't made up for it, they very much came across as "We wouldn't be handing you a C&D if we didn't already have this well into development ourselves."

Unless they plan to repeat the process and reveal yet another REmake in progress, there's a decent chance they just let this one slide. They've done 2 and 3, we know they're working on an update for 4 that'll bring it more in line with modern standards, and unless they plan to circle back and give 1 another makeover to fit in with the more recent remakes, they seem rather indifferent to the "side games" like Code Veronica, Zero, Umbrella Chronicles and the like. There's an even chance this could roll out without them really caring at all because they have no intent of remaking it any time in the near future.

pianohombre

Yeah I really liked RE4, but it looks like it's going to be remade only on next-gen systems. There was a "remastered" version that did a slight improvement in graphics but it still looks 99% the same. There's a mod for the PC version that looks dope though. I was actually playing RE3 remake recently, and had to get through this area with like no ammo and collect some vaccine with hoards of zombies. Finally, got past it. Pretty fun game and you can adjust the difficulty.
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds

JKPhage

Quote from: pianohombre on July 07, 2022, 03:30:03 PMYeah I really liked RE4, but it looks like it's going to be remade only on next-gen systems.

They *literally* announced an actual remake of four a whole month ago during the State of Play event that's going to be available on PC. I wasn't just hyperbolizing. They are actively in the process of remaking and releasing an RE4 remake that will not be limited to next-gen systems. Otherwise that was possibly the least relevant part of the point I was making, which is that they've done 2 and 3 recently and are working on 4, and the only reason the fan remake of 2 got slapped down was because they were doing it themselves. Unless they're secretly also working on Code Veronica, or want to blow the surprise way too early that they may be planning on doing it after 4, this is likely so far under their radar that they couldn't be bothered if they tried.