Is it possible to convert a rom to be playable on another system emulator?

Started by rogueKlyntar, June 05, 2022, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogueKlyntar

I am not asking for anything as difficult as converting a GC rom to be playable on an X-Box or PS2 emulator, but simply from PS2 to PSP (I imagine the two are more alike). I would like to play Tomb Raider: Underworld, but, unlike Legend and Anniversary, it was never released for PSP. I can play on PCSX2 but it is nowhere near as fluid as it would be on PPSSPP. Plus having four sets of four buttons (arrows, shapes and 2 joysticks) is very hard on a keyboard, while PSP only has three sets, since it has only one joystick. The shoulder buttons pose a similar problem. So if it is possible to convert a PS2 rom of Tomb Raider: Underworld to be recognized by PPSSPP, would somebody plz do this?
"Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest." - Patricia Tannis, Borderlands 2

Jorpho

Quote from: rogueKlyntar on June 05, 2022, 10:18:10 PM(I imagine the two are more alike)
You have a vivid imagination. They are absolutely nothing alike.

Think about it for two seconds, why don't you? If what you suggest was even just a little difficult, wouldn't the Internet be completely flooded with PS2 games converted for the PSP?

QuoteI can play on PCSX2 but it is nowhere near as fluid as it would be on PPSSPP.
Why would you say that when you have no idea what it would be like on PPSSPP?

QuotePlus having four sets of four buttons (arrows, shapes and 2 joysticks) is very hard on a keyboard, while PSP only has three sets, since it has only one joystick.
Why not just buy a joypad?

Better yet, why not just buy the PC version of TR: Underworld instead of messing with emulators? It probably even has mods to adjust the control scheme. I think it's even been given away for free a couple of times now, but it's less than two bucks on GOG (DRM-free!) at the moment.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Pennywise

This is not in the proper forum section and nor is it appropriate to ask others to do work for you. So I'm locking this thread.