Translations: English Translation for Erika and Satoru's Dream Adventure Released

Started by RHDNBot, May 25, 2022, 01:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHDNBot

Update By: Pennywise

A complete translation of Erika and Satoru's Dream Adventure is available for everyone to try courtesy of Pennywise, Tom and FlashPV.

While the game itself is perhaps nothing too special, it is perhaps more known for being the game with a super secret hidden message that can only be triggered under super complicated conditions. So for the first time in over 30 years, Hidemushi rants and raves in English.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

SCO

As far as i can tell, patch has the wrong checksum.

Apparently it seems to not be for a ines header, or at least the regular one.

First problem is the page mentioning the source rom crc32 (and the other checksums) is EF7996BF

This is wrong, since these rom checksums are the no-intro dats which cut off the header when calculating the checksum. This would work out, if the checksum(header+rom) was equal to the actual expected value for the bps.

But it isn't:

This patch is not intended for this ROM. Expected checksum 1E6A5A77, got 4C9606CE.

I also tried without the header by removing it (with tail + 17) and although it matched redump checksums then complained about the source size, so that's also wrong (i was planning to patch then glue the ines header of the dump i have again).

What kind of header do i need for this? And did redump change this dump header since the patch was made, or am i just using a old one? Maybe it changed to NES 2.0.

Pennywise

Dwedit

This seems to be one of those adventure games where you have to do a very specific thing, then move on to the next very specific thing.  Fast if you know the route, and tedious if you don't.  It took me quite a while to leave the first area.
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

Fray

Great translation, professional as usual. The only flaw is that in my opinion this game is a bit complex to manage. Anyway, since I was there, I tried to modify the portraits of the two protagonists. What do you think? I will not do a patch, but if you want you are free to copy what I did.

SCO

Quote from: Pennywise on May 27, 2022, 08:28:08 AM
I don't know. If your ROMs don't line up 100%, use the online patching program here.

https://www.romhacking.net/patch/

Ended up just finding the rom the patch expects, hardpatching it and creating a patch from the (current) no-intro rom to the patched old rom.