Translations: Buzz And Waldog Spanish Patch Released

Started by RHDNBot, May 12, 2022, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHDNBot

Update By: Supergamer boy09

As there was no translations of Buzz And Waldog, this Spanish patch has released, but it's still unfinished.

UPDATE: The author decided to change the PUSH BUTTION back to English.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

jackic

This translation kinda looks like a joke one as NOTHING makes sense in any of the captures provided, it is not that it is unfinished, it barely resembles the spanish language.

wave

Well, there is a complete translation, just not here yet due to the upload restrictions...

LeonarthCG

This is a very odd translation to say the least. From what is shown it makes the game harder to understand for a Spanish speaker than simply playing it in English...

I can see where some of the errors would have come from: "point" can either mean "punto" (as in the score) or "punta" (as in the tip of a spear), "clear" can become either "claro" (easy to understand, also the opposite of dark) or any word related to "completar" (to complete, to beat a level), "bonus" has been translated to "prima" (a premium, so not entirely incorrect, but also, and much more commonly, a female cousin) while it should have been "extra", or even have been left as "bonus"...

"CLEAR BONUS" is something that pretty much everybody familiar with videogames would understand, but this translation is turning it into "CLARO PRIMA" which could be read as, for example, "of course, cousin" and more importantly simply can't be interpreted as "CLEAR BONUS" in any way, making understanding what's happening an actual puzzle where reversing the translation work is required, thus defeating the entire point of having the game translated in the first place.

It's one thing for a translation to not be finished, but when this is the showcase the author wants to share I think it really shows a lack of effort in translation and of familiarity with the language. Simply translating some words back from Spanish into English would have easily shown the author that those were not the right choice, if you get "punta" from "point", but you get "tip" when you translate it back, that should really "punta" you off.

Midna

It's not a good sign when you have glaring errors right on the title screen. "Pula inicio" means something like "he polishes beginning." "Press Start" is correctly translated as something like "Pulsa Start"  (it's an actual button on the controller, so you're supposed to leave it in English). Unfinished is right.

danuffo

Quote from: Midna on May 13, 2022, 07:21:23 PM
It's not a good sign when you have glaring errors right on the title screen. "Pula inicio" means something like "he polishes beginning." "Press Start" is correctly translated as something like "Pulsa Start"  (it's an actual button on the controller, so you're supposed to leave it in English). Unfinished is right.

I agree, it's better using START because that's the name for the button.

Professional translators do it like this sometimes: "Pulsa START (Inicio)" or "Presiona START (Inicio)"

In my case, I prefer: "Presiona START" or "Presiona el botón START"
For the sake of localization

Green Jerry

The translation has been removed, so this news post is now useless.
My latest Portuguese translation: Popeye (NES)
New English translation! Gardman (NES)

Linktree

Green Jerry

My latest Portuguese translation: Popeye (NES)
New English translation! Gardman (NES)

Linktree