Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light, the first game in the famous tactical role-playing series, is known for being clunky, backwards, and slow. In Time For Tom, all that has changed.
Time For Tom is a full, 18-chapter new story built on the Fire Emblem 1 engine. It also contains a number of improvements upon the base game to bring it closer to later games in the series. Aside from the new cast of playable units, enemies, maps, weapons, and items, notable improvements include:
- A Weapon Triangle has been added based on Genealogy of the Holy War
- The protagonist always has access to the convoy
- Magical attacks use the Strength/Magic stat
- Stat caps are raised to 50, the damage cap is raised to 90
- All classes promote using Master Proofs, including Hunters and Generals
- Generals can weild bows and lances in addition to swords
- Player and enemy units now have Resistance, with Resistance growth rates
- And more!
Time For Tom is a comedy starring friends Thomas and Jake as they embark on a time-traveling adventure to right the wrongs of history. On the way, they meet some of the most popular Fire Emblem characters like Glade, Roger, Samto, Henry, Alba, and more.
In terms of difficulty, Time For Tom expects familiarity with the Fire Emblem series. While more challenging than the original, it should still be easily overcome by those who have played a Fire Emblem game before.RHDN Project PageRelevant Link