News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: The World's First Complete FE1 Hack - Time For Tom  (Read 680 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Polinym

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light, the first game in the famous tactical role-playing series, is known for being clunky, backwards, and slow. In Time For Tom, all that has changed.

Time For Tom is a full, 18-chapter new story built on the Fire Emblem 1 engine. It also contains a number of improvements upon the base game to bring it closer to later games in the series. Aside from the new cast of playable units, enemies, maps, weapons, and items, notable improvements include:

- A Weapon Triangle has been added based on Genealogy of the Holy War

- The protagonist always has access to the convoy

- Magical attacks use the Strength/Magic stat

- Stat caps are raised to 50, the damage cap is raised to 90

- All classes promote using Master Proofs, including Hunters and Generals

- Generals can weild bows and lances in addition to swords

- Player and enemy units now have Resistance, with Resistance growth rates

- And more!

Time For Tom is a comedy starring friends Thomas and Jake as they embark on a time-traveling adventure to right the wrongs of history. On the way, they meet some of the most popular Fire Emblem characters like Glade, Roger, Samto, Henry, Alba, and more.

In terms of difficulty, Time For Tom expects familiarity with the Fire Emblem series. While more challenging than the original, it should still be easily overcome by those who have played a Fire Emblem game before.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

vgr344

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: The World's First Complete FE1 Hack - Time For Tom
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 04:09:06 am »
Found some bugs like chapter 1 right house has no dialouge, Rickard refering to himself as Ricardo in his recruitment line in chapter 2 and chapter 3's house just says "THRACIA HOUSE 1" and attacking the bishop despite not having any weapons deals 10 dmg for no reason.

Also the new portraits from FE3 being added to FE1 is a good idea, but since they are static and comparing them to the animated FE1 portraits its kinda weird.
Not sure if these things are intentional but just pointing them out.

The convoy makes things much more convenient not having to use the stupid tent and I would love to see some much needed improvements like trade and weapon/staff/item inventory introduced in FE3 be added to FE1. But why is the convoy only tied to Thomas and not all characters? Another improvement would be that using staffs actually gives EXP like later games.

The hack is pretty fun and nice to see some love for FE1 and would love to see more hacks of the NES FEs.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 04:55:27 am by vgr344 »

Polinym

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: The World's First Complete FE1 Hack - Time For Tom
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 09:53:31 pm »
Found some bugs like chapter 1 right house has no dialouge, Rickard refering to himself as Ricardo in his recruitment line in chapter 2 and chapter 3's house just says "THRACIA HOUSE 1" and attacking the bishop despite not having any weapons deals 10 dmg for no reason.

Also the new portraits from FE3 being added to FE1 is a good idea, but since they are static and comparing them to the animated FE1 portraits its kinda weird.
Not sure if these things are intentional but just pointing them out.

The convoy makes things much more convenient not having to use the stupid tent and I would love to see some much needed improvements like trade and weapon/staff/item inventory introduced in FE3 be added to FE1. But why is the convoy only tied to Thomas and not all characters? Another improvement would be that using staffs actually gives EXP like later games.

The hack is pretty fun and nice to see some love for FE1 and would love to see more hacks of the NES FEs.
Oh, hey! Thanks so much for the feedback! :D

Yeah, I guess those are things I definitely need to fix... allowing all characters access to the convoy would probably be the best way to go. I was worried people'd find it weird to always have the Convoy option.

The Bishops-attacking thing may be related to the Thunder Sword fix I added to use the Strength stat. I'll have to look into it more.

Spoiler:
I dunno, though... I may want to leave at least one of the empty Thracia texts as "THRACIA HOUSE 2". It's kinda funny! :)
"Where are you going, soldier? Get back to the battle!" - Some Battlefront Clone
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqSB4xw29TTKlia5E0NYtQ