News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

News with NES2PCE?

Started by Brutapode89, May 07, 2022, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutapode89

As there was already the first and the second Mega Man on PC-Engine CD like homebrews. Are not there another NES in progress?

KingMike

If you haven't heard anything probably not.

I can only imagine the author was significantly demotivated to continue making them when, probably not surprisingly, his hacks were used to make bootleg physical copies (especially after being converted to CD).
(I'm not one of those people who uses "repro". All that is is a word that modern pirates use to try to morally justify their game-counterfeiting activity.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Brutapode89

Ah? Too bad if nobody replace him for that.

dshadoff

Quote from: KingMike on May 08, 2022, 10:31:29 AM
I can only imagine the author was significantly demotivated to continue making them when, probably not surprisingly, his hacks were used to make bootleg physical copies (especially after being converted to CD).

That's exactly the case. That, and I believe there were also people trying to make minor changes and take credit for the entire works.

I think he's a member of this board, by the way - but I don't know what name he registered here with (he's had various handles over the years).

EDIT:  found him... he hasn't logged on in a few years.
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=426

Sliver X

That's a shame, he's an extraordiarily talented hacker. He did a conversion of Dragoon X Omega to PCE-CD ages ago that I still consider one of the coolest gifts I've ever been given.

Brutapode89