News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: The Genius Bakabon (Sega Master System): English Translation  (Read 1246 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: FCandChill

After years of being untranslated, The Genius Bakabon for the Sega Master System has been fully translated to English. This marks the last biggest release to be translated for the system. The hack features Variable Width Font hacks, increased text speed, fully translated graphics, and a translated manual.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

SegaJAM

• PSN: SegaJAM
    • View Profile
    • SegaJAM's Youtube page!
A long awaited translation for us Sega Master System/Mark III fans, which is truly appreciated! I played through the entire translation earlier today immediately after seeing it listed on the front page. The characters and dialogue were pretty amusing and it was fun figuring out where to go next (granted, I had to use a guide at one point because I wasn't entirely sure what I was supposed to do).

Here's a video of my playthrough, for those who'd like to see the translation in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaybOVd93Rc

Huge thanks to FCandChill, TheMajinZenki, and cccmar for this release!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 03:22:24 pm by SegaJAM »

Hemlock

• View Profile
The only logical question right now is, "Where to now?". As stated before, this is the last major Japanese only release on the Master System/Mark III to get an English translation.

Dr. Dreadhawk

• View Profile
I played through this and I had a blast. Great title screen and translation. Pretty funny game, charming and very well done artwork and FM-Synthesis support!

Now, I'll keep holding my breath for Anmitsu Hime...

EDIT: I forgot to comment on the amazing Game Manual, but I rather not. I'll probably fall short on praise.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 11:05:54 am by Dr. Dreadhawk »

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
The only logical question right now is, "Where to now?". As stated before, this is the last major Japanese only release on the Master System/Mark III to get an English translation.

Retranslations. There's a few candidates one could choose from.

Jean Pierre Fancypants

• View Profile
Retranslations. There's a few candidates one could choose from.

Kujaku-Oh in it's original untouched form would be nice.

FlashPV

• View Profile
    • Terminus Traductions
I think there are still a few Game Gear games that'll deserve a translation, that's the way to go.

Jean Pierre Fancypants

• View Profile
I think there are still a few Game Gear games that'll deserve a translation, that's the way to go.

What about a patch for Madou Monogatari 1 so the text wouldn't look glitchy on an actual Game Gear?

Green Jerry

• View Profile
What about a patch for Madou Monogatari 1 so the text wouldn't look glitchy on an actual Game Gear?
Wasn't this already done?
My latest Portuguese translation: Popeye (NES)
New English translation! Gardman (NES)

Linktree

arromdee

• View Profile
Wasn't this already done?

Looking at that patch, it sounds like it was done--but the original patch also had other issues that are still not done.