|3DS| Pointer Tables in Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Started by 4zexiss, May 03, 2022, 09:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4zexiss

Hi!
I need help with figuring out how pointer tables works there, I really wanted to, but I couldn't :banghead:.
Links to materials that might help me understand this are encouraged.
Have a nice day!
(here are text files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pXgHaHWJxcQ2E7GR69mT3ISnlfrYHmTZ?usp=sharing )

KingMike

Please find another site to host the files. Scratchpad is for file submission usage only and links are only accessibly by Staff members.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

4zexiss

Quote from: KingMike on May 03, 2022, 04:23:47 PM
Please find another site to host the files. Scratchpad is for file submission usage only and links are only accessibly by Staff members.
Sorry, didn't know, now i've replaced it

Jorpho

Quote from: 4zexiss on May 03, 2022, 09:16:19 AM
(here are text files https://file.io/Lp5sC6ialsmY )
I get a "file deleted" message.

Maybe it would be more useful if you explained exactly what you did to get these files in the first place, and what makes you think you need to edit them?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

4zexiss

Quote from: Jorpho on May 04, 2022, 10:30:43 AM
I get a "file deleted" message.

Maybe it would be more useful if you explained exactly what you did to get these files in the first place, and what makes you think you need to edit them?
Oh god, sorry. Edited one more time. Should have been uploading file to google drive from the beginning.

I got these files from the unpacked game dump (RomFS > Msg > EU_en), they contain all the text of the game, I was able to edit it by simply replacing the letters in the hex editor, but I want to translate the game into Russian, so I can't do this without changing the length of messages. That's actually why I need to figure out how pointers work here, but it's too confusing compared to NES/SNES/GBC/GBA which are often shown as an example in pointer guides