News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy V Tweaks

Started by T92, April 27, 2022, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintenja

Quote from: T92 on August 12, 2022, 04:37:53 PMI found some patches for the Japan ROM that would be nice for this hack, I'll try to test them before applying them.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Some features are:
  • L/R scroll on the menus.
  • Optimize no longer equips the bad equipment (like excalipoor and bone armor).
  • Only re-equip when necessary (like FF VI).
  • Press X to change characters during battle (Like FF VI).

yes add these if can! We must defeat the pixel remaster at all costs!lol..jk..but can i get a link to these patches?i would like to add them to the ffv-pixel freemaster as it is based on a ffv (japan) rom.a few of these patches could make a big difference for qol!

T92

Quote from: Modoh on September 20, 2022, 03:31:14 AMHi,

I'm the author of the Weapon Tweaks patch that you're trying to integrate as an optional addon. 

First, it's great that you're using my hack, that's why I included the asm source after all.   I tried to keep things self contained to be compatible with other unrelated patches (such as text translations), but as you saw it doesn't cooperate well with other things that modify the same battle code.

It definitely doesn't work with:
Power Drink fix (InstructrTrepe). My patch has its own power drink fix integrated because it wasn't compatible with this.
Fractional M and its related patches.  Rune weapons fix, Goblin Punch fix, Minimum M are all fixes TO Fractional M so aren't needed.
Knives fix, which is also specific to Fractional M, but does fix a FF5 bug.  My patch has its own fix to Knives which gets a similar result.

Chances are very good it'll work with the rest of the patches you have listed in your readme if you just leave out the ones I listed above before patching.   The only thing you'll be missing at that point is Fractional M.   
Thanks for the information.
I will try to uninstall the patches that cause problems.
 :thumbsup:

T92

I'm back (I was kind of busy in the real world).
I'm going to continue working with FF V Tweaks and then move on to FF III NES.
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

T92

I'll create this optional patches first:
  • A double EXP and ABP.
  • A three slots port.
  • A patch for PS1 dash (thanks to jtm297 for letting me know)
  • A port of the GBA font.
  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T92


T92

The port of the GBA font it's 75% complete.

 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

T92

Here's a preview of the GBA font.

lexluthermiester

I think it looks nice. Seems like it would be a welcome improvement.

ThatGuyOverThere

Quote from: T92 on September 21, 2022, 06:36:54 PMHere's a preview of the GBA font.

v

You don't think that font has a nice tidy look to it?

FlamePurge

It's so tiny that it's hard to read. And the big spaces in between remind me of Terranigma
Check out and discuss my projects

Nintenja

#90
I found the INU QOL patches myself that t92 mentioned and applied them in the version 3.0 of ffv-pixel freemaster. not trying to hijack this page here so I won't provide a link just saying I had asked for them and found them myself. This project is shaping up nicely.. I can playtest if need be..let me know..I know a little about this game. ;)

Nintenja

Quote from: FlamePurge on September 22, 2022, 09:38:34 PMIt's so tiny that it's hard to read. And the big spaces in between remind me of Terranigma

Gba font Looks tidy but doesnt fill the space of the dialogue box well..really one of the first things to do when playing ffv is go to settings and change the color of thr dialog box.i turned mine kinda light blue/teal colored and wow my eyes thanked me immensely.

Nintenja

Is msu1 support possible in this project?

T92

Quote from: FlamePurge on September 22, 2022, 09:38:34 PMIt's so tiny that it's hard to read. And the big spaces in between remind me of Terranigma
Yeah. I'll only leave it as an optional patch for users that didn't liked the other three fonts.
 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

T92

Quote from: Nintenja on September 27, 2022, 07:30:30 PMIs msu1 support possible in this project?
Yeah.
I didn't touched anything sound-related... but maybe I'll manage to make some optional music patches.
 ;)  :thumbsup:

T92

Quote from: Nintenja on September 23, 2022, 03:40:15 AMI found the INU QOL patches myself that t92 mentioned and applied them in the version 3.0 of ffv-pixel freemaster. not trying to hijack this page here so I won't provide a link just saying I had asked for them and found them myself. This project is shaping up nicely.. I can playtest if need be..let me know..I know a little about this game. ;)
I'll add an optional patch for FF V tweaks for Inu's fixes before adding them to the hack (I had bad experiencies with patches made by him).

Kylikeit

Quote from: T92 on October 03, 2022, 02:31:39 PMYeah.
I didn't touched anything sound-related... but maybe I'll manage to make some optional music patches.
 ;)  :thumbsup:


This hack does work with the MSU-1 patch on Zeldix, I can definitely confirm that.

Nintenja

Quote from: T92 on October 03, 2022, 02:34:00 PMI'll add an optional patch for FF V tweaks for Inu's fixes before adding them to the hack (I had bad experiencies with patches made by him).

I know when i downloaded inus hacks i had to translate the read me to english to know what each was.check my version 3.0 info for what i tested to be working super well. I think the inu optional patches are for the japanese version only..in my experience basically everything has worked with my hack..which is on the japanese rom much like your ffv tweaks.The hp color patch is neat..the run with b on the world map (and also in vehicles)and the l and r navigate the menus is alsp great.im about to test the new game plus. I really think a way to turn on or off random battles would be good.msu1 should work with your hack..issue is during the fight with golbez and xdeath before world 3s merge the audio cuts out twice..and in kinda poor place..a few places also the music might transition with a little silent pause first..the best thing about this msu1 patch is that even after patching you still can use the same msu1 patched rom with just vanilla audio(if it cant detect msu1 audio files).this isnt the case with all msu1 patched games.

MD_Prometh

A patch that increases the text size while still retaining GBA text would be nice. That said, maybe modifiying the text so that it's bold could work

T92

Quote from: Nintenja on October 03, 2022, 05:29:28 PMI know when i downloaded inus hacks i had to translate the read me to english to know what each was.check my version 3.0 info for what i tested to be working super well. I think the inu optional patches are for the japanese version only..in my experience basically everything has worked with my hack..which is on the japanese rom much like your ffv tweaks.The hp color patch is neat..the run with b on the world map (and also in vehicles)and the l and r navigate the menus is alsp great.im about to test the new game plus. I really think a way to turn on or off random battles would be good.msu1 should work with your hack..issue is during the fight with golbez and xdeath before world 3s merge the audio cuts out twice..and in kinda poor place..a few places also the music might transition with a little silent pause first..the best thing about this msu1 patch is that even after patching you still can use the same msu1 patched rom with just vanilla audio(if it cant detect msu1 audio files).this isnt the case with all msu1 patched games.
Sadly, MSU1 has that kind of problems, in FFVI the final boss song has a drum part that should play when the boss says his phrase, but in the MSU-1 mod it starts earlier than it should, so the effect is ruined.