News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy V Tweaks

Started by T29, April 27, 2022, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T29

Quote from: nanashi89 on May 25, 2022, 03:20:19 PM
Any chance of implementing an optional double rewards patch, like I suggested with your recently announced III Tweaks?
I'll work on it, and maybe I do another patch that makes only some enemies like the statues from Castle Bal give you 10 times the ABP and EXP they used to give.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lynx

Can you make it compatible with Tzepish's (Replacing the Drag/Speed time magic) and (No Missable Item & Spells) and Modoh's Weapon Formula patches?

T29

Quote from: Lynx on June 05, 2022, 12:35:35 AM
Can you make it compatible with Tzepish's (Replacing the Drag/Speed time magic) and (No Missable Item & Spells) and Modoh's Weapon Formula patches?
I'll implement bot of Tzepish's patches on the v2.5, I'll test Modoh's patch before implement it just in case. 
:thumbsup:

Tzepish

Be careful with my No Missables patch... It's a bit larger than my other QoL patches and may have compatibility issues if your mod already alters shops, monsters, events, or treasureboxes in some way. If that ends up being the case, I'm happy to help adapt it for you.

Lynx

I think this patch mostly alter job abilities, stats, equippable weapons, and many QoL patches such as Better Item Menu so I believe there is no problem appling your No Missable patch.

T29

Quote from: Tzepish on June 06, 2022, 03:29:49 AM
Be careful with my No Missables patch... It's a bit larger than my other QoL patches and may have compatibility issues if your mod already alters shops, monsters, events, or treasureboxes in some way. If that ends up being the case, I'm happy to help adapt it for you.

I checked the changes my patch makes and the only enemy I edited was the Jura Avis, so I guess there are no compatibility issues.
:thumbsup:

Lynx

It would be great if you make this compatible with Weapon Formula Tweaks patch? Because the Silver Harp does only 6% percentage damage and Blood Sword has low accuracy and some rods deals 0 damage

T29

#47
Quote from: Lynx on June 14, 2022, 10:47:45 AM
It would be great if you make this compatible with Weapon Formula Tweaks patch? Because the Silver Harp does only 6% percentage damage and Blood Sword has low accuracy and some rods deals 0 damage

I'm working on that.
The "advance patch conflict finder" says there are 20 conflicts but some are because both patches wrote bytes on certain bank (like the "Rage" command).
So I'm testing it to prevent bugs before implement it.  :thumbsup:

June 17, 2022, 06:42:30 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Working on applying the Weapon Formula Tweaks patch, the attack_types.asm and the items.asm patches work fine when applied but the battle_power.asm makes attacks deal 6-100 damage when should do 1000+.

I'll include the weapon formula tweaks (only the attack_types and the items) as a optional patch while I try to addapt the battle_power one.  :thumbsup:


June 17, 2022, 07:40:10 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

V2.5a update:

  • Added a optional beta port of Modoh's FF5 Weapon Formula Tweaks.
  • Added screenshots of the optional fonts.

Spooniest

Apologies for not having dropped you a line sooner; I've been up to my neck in work*  :banghead:

Congratulations on the release(s?)! :D Looks like you're chugging along just fine. Stand guard!

(p.s. Everyone if you get a telemarketer on the phone just be nice to them, we're people too)
Yamero~~!

T29

Quote from: Spooniest on June 19, 2022, 07:08:40 PM
Apologies for not having dropped you a line sooner; I've been up to my neck in work*  :banghead:

Congratulations on the release(s?)! :D Looks like you're chugging along just fine. Stand guard!

(p.s. Everyone if you get a telemarketer on the phone just be nice to them, we're people too)
Thanks.  :thumbsup:

ThatGuyOverThere

#50
Is there a way to implement the equipment hack from Super Custom Classes https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5790/? That'd give each class an even greater equipment selection.

T29

Quote from: ThatGuyOverThere on June 22, 2022, 01:40:40 PM
Is there a way to implement the equipment hack from Super Custom Classes https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5790/? That'd give each class an even greater equipment selection.

I'll try to adapt it to FF V Tweaks and add it as an optional patch.  :thumbsup:

June 22, 2022, 02:25:35 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Currently, the optional patches I want to create are:

  • A double EXP and ABP.
  • A three slots port.
  • A finished version of Modoh's weapon formula tweaks port and maybe implement it to the main patch.
  • A port of the GBA font.
  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ThatGuyOverThere

Quote from: T29 on June 22, 2022, 02:20:44 PM
I'll try to adapt it to FF V Tweaks and add it as an optional patch.  :thumbsup:

It's especially useful for some of the squishier classes.

Lumiere

Just thought about it, buff the Dancer's vit a little. It has lower vit than the mages and it's supposed to be a front liner fighter. Actually just buff it's stats in general, it has really low stats for something that unlocks with the earth crystal. It's vit is the lowest of the playable classes.

T29

Quote from: Lumiere on June 22, 2022, 03:31:39 PM
Just thought about it, buff the Dancer's vit a little. It has lower vit than the mages and it's supposed to be a front liner fighter. Actually just buff it's stats in general, it has really low stats for something that unlocks with the earth crystal. It's vit is the lowest of the playable classes.
I'll boost his stamina a to at least better than the Mages' one, about the rest of his stats, I'll increase them by 1.5. :thumbsup:

Tombo69

Would you consider adding a new game + to the experience?

T29

Quote from: Tombo69 on June 29, 2022, 05:05:35 PMWould you consider adding a new game + to the experience?
It's not a bad idea, I'll add it to the list of changes for v3.0.
 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

ThatGuyOverThere

If you can toggle the Berserker's skill, then what's the point of it? Do they do more damage if they're berserk?

T29

Quote from: ThatGuyOverThere on July 01, 2022, 06:35:58 PMIf you can toggle the Berserker's skill, then what's the point of it? Do they do more damage if they're berserk?
Yeah.
While berserk, they do damage with this formula:

Attack= Attack * 3/2
:thumbsup:

T29

In case someone it's wondering, FF V Tweaks it's compatible with the MSU hack.  :thumbsup: