News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Sound Improvement for Mario Kart Super Circuit is out!  (Read 2470 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: RunTheCoins

This is a complete sound improvement of Mario Kart Super Circuit, that makes the game play at a higher mix rate, without lag, it does sound about the same to some, but if you listen closely to a lot of tracks they do sound more tolerable, The author suggest testing this mod out with rainbow road or boo lake, they sound a lot better here!

This also makes the drums more noticeable so you can hear tracks like Lakeside Park in better quality, and same goes for Bowser's Castle.

But if you don't particularly like Mario Kart Super Circuit's soundtrack, this may change your opinion.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
Re: ROM Hacks: Sound Improvement for Mario Kart Super Circuit is out!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 08:42:07 am »
Is this compatible with the Mario Kart 64 voice lines hack?
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 03:04:49 pm »
Is this compatible with the Mario Kart 64 voice lines hack?
I've just tested, it is compatible

earthboundfan15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 04:49:31 pm »
I've just tested, it is compatible
Just tried it out and it doesn't. Using the USA and European rom, you can't use both hacks.

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 06:51:10 pm »
The sound improvement hack isn't compatible if you use both the Better Colors patch and The Original Sunset Wilds Title Card & Sprites Restoration patch in one rom.

You'll have to use them separately.

RunTheCoins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 02:17:32 pm »
Ok It actually is possible to use multiple patches, though not exactly directly, I'll explain the steps soon once I figure it all out, though all mods should be useable with this one

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 02:37:15 pm »
Ok It actually is possible to use multiple patches, though not exactly directly, I'll explain the steps soon once I figure it all out, though all mods should be useable with this one

Sounds great! Thank you so much for going through and doing that!
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

Polargames

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 11:29:31 pm »
Hello, I have used this hack along with the others that have been mentioned,and I have no issues at all with it. I played through the whole game and everything was fine. I did use the no intro version of the game. I hope this helps. Normal IPS patching method also.

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 05:22:51 pm »
How are you guys applying the patch?  I've tried Floating IPS (gave me a blank file), Lunar IPS (wouldn't load in mGBA), and the RHDN online patcher (no change).  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 08:49:02 am »
Hey RunTheCoins!!! I've not succeeded in getting your hacks to work. Is there a special way to patch them or something??

Also, about the GB ones (Marios and DuckTales) I've not been able to notice the difference. Again, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

RunTheCoins

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 09:42:21 am »
honestly people sometimes just don't notice a difference, some tracks are unnoticeably changed, though you will notice some tracks like boo lake and bowser's castle are completely noticable.

radimerry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 12:24:46 pm »
I'm not sure the GB DuckTales works correctly.

It expands the ROM from $10000 ==> $77F4D but doesn't modify the header other than checksum. Then it adds a bunch of triangle waveforms in expanded ROM area (7557F, 76A3E, .. 77F3E). I checked with a debugger and game never touches these areas.

I also did BGB audio recordings of both (un)patched ROMs and found 1:1 identical output.

Maybe correct patch is not uploaded to site?

Super Mario Land has exact same problem. And "DuckTales - NES triangle Patch.ips" == "Super Mario Land DX - Sound Improvement.ips" (100% identical patches).