Oddities With N64 Mario Games Featuring Yoshi and DK

Started by gamingcat02261991, September 09, 2022, 11:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamingcat02261991

Ever since 1997 (1998 outside of Japan), sound designer Kazumi Totaka has been the consistent voice of Yoshi, but there are some N64 games like the Mario Party trilogy and Mario Golf that fail to acknowledge that by substituting Totaka's voice with the outdated sound effect associated with Yoshi in Super Mario World. The same, I think, applies to most games released after Donkey Kong 64 (i.e.: Mario Tennis, Mario Party 3, Mario Party 4, etc.) where Grant Kirkhope's voice clips are similarly substituted with seemingly-outdated stock gorilla sounds. This isn't a request or anything, but I was hoping that there would be patches for games released after the Japanese release of Yoshi's Story and the US release of Donkey Kong 64 (with higher pitched versions of Kirkhope's voice clips for Donkey Kong Jr. in Mario Tennis) prior to Totaka and Kirkhope being consistent starting in Mario Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, respectively. This is, of course, regarding games before Takashi Nagasako, who is famous for voicing Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Melee, and Ultimate, started replacing Kirkhope since 2004.