- Controls are put back to the original Japanese controls.
I never found the controls to be a problem. I was quite used to a custom style I had set up with Chrono Trigger at the time. In fact, the only
gripe I had with the controls is when jump wouldn't work cause it was loading a battle. Was that fixed?
- Audio in the Full Motion Videos is in Japanese with English subtitles.
- Voices in the game are back to the original Japanese ones (in battles + certain cutscenes).
Uh oh... First, these VA's aren't bad. You haven't heard bad until you here Precis in Star Ocean 2.
And even then it was possible to tolerate since you are never really forced to use her. I get the feeling this one is more of a "US versions always make crappy dubs, must be elitist" point of view.
- The weight unit in character's stats is back to kilos (.kgs instead of .lbs).
I can see both sides to this one, and really it's a matter of preference.
- Emeralda's icon eyebrow transparency is corrected.
That's why her eyes look like that?
- The selection arrow in shop menus doesn't overlap choices (Buy, Sell, Exit) anymore.
And of course my save file is on disc 2, not easy to check. Where was a shop in this disc...? Seems like a non-issue though, but I don't remember for sure. Anybody have a screenshot of this?
There were some issues that game could've seen addressing, and it doesn't sound like this patch does that. For now, I'll pass.