News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Dragon Quest 4 & 8 Mobile Remasters (Mod)

Started by mike9k1, February 23, 2022, 07:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike9k1

Dragon Quest 8 Mobile Remaster- http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=34365.msg426869#msg426869

Dragon Quest 4 Mobile Remaster (below):

This is a WIP mod for the Android version of Dragon Quest 4. This is being released as an xdelta patch (just like a romhack) and requires an official copy purchased and downloaded from the Play Store. Anything else will not work.

A short video of the mod in action can be seen linked above. The build i'm linking (v0.0.1) is similar with a few small additions/adjustments. For those that are interested, instructions are below:

---------------------------------
v0.1.5: https://mega.nz/folder/nttUVSoR#9UdgKmFMup4pUJzApOOMOw
---------------------------------

Installation Instructions:

1. First, you must purchase "Dragon Quest 4" on the Google Play Store

2. Second, you'll need to be able to download the files for the game from Google Play in order to patch them. There are various ways to do this but I recommend Raccoon as it has a good reputation and that's what i've used successfully.

(Note: You can also download the game onto your phone as normal then use "APK Backup & Restore" to do the same thing if you don't have access to a PC)

Raccoon:
Spoiler
        a. Install Raccoon and once installed, enter the account info for the Google account you purchased Dragon Quest 4 under. It will ask if you want to use a dummy device for this -- this should be fine, just click "ok".

b. Next, search "Dragon Quest 4" in the top right of the window, select it and it should give you the option to download it.

c. Once downloaded, you'll get the option to "Show Files". It will open up a Windows Explorer window where the files are (should be somewhere under "Documents\Raccoon" by default)
[close]

APK Backup & Restore:
Spoiler
Select "DQ4" and it will ask where you want the app's apk saved (I recommend "Downloads"). Presto -- you're done
[close]

3. Now you'll want a ROM patcher that supports the "xdelta" format. There are tons of these, but i'll just throw Delta Patcher out there. Unipatcher is recommended if patching on mobile.

a. Download the patch file & obb from the link above

b. In Delta Patcher, select the apk you got from Google Play under "original file:", and select the xdelta patch under "XDelta Patch:". Click "Apply Patch". When finished, it should say "Patch applied successfully" or the like. (Unipatcher is basically the same if doing so from mobile)

c. Now do the same for the obb.

PC:
Spoiler
Now plug in your phone and copy the files over. I recommend placing the patched apk under "~\Downloads" for easy access and the obb will need to be placed under "~\Android\obb\com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq4\" (<--- this folder will already exist if you've already installed Dragon Quest 4 on your phone)
[close]

Mobile:
Spoiler
Just copy the obb(s) to "~\Android\obb\com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq4\"
[close]

a. Note: if you've already installed the vanilla DQ4 on your phone, it will have to be uninstalled (sorry I really found no way around this, it won't install as an in-place update). This means your save files will need to be backed up or you will lose them. (Unfortunately, I believe they are also placed under /data, thus also requiring root to access. Why this was done? I have no idea). This only applies if you are first installing the mod, updates to the mod can simply be installed on top of previous versions without having to worry about saves.

b. Access your downloads and tap the apk. Most likely Android will tell you that it won't allow you to install from unknown sources, so you'll have to grant permission to your file manager app. After that, it will also tell you that this version is not supported by Google Play Protect -- again, you'll have to allow it

c. After that, open up the game and enjoy.

---------------------
(I tried to make this procedure as straightforward as possible  ---> let's just say I realize through this whole endeavor why there isn't a real Android modding scene. At least...outside of certain circles... I would love for this to change)
---------------------

Changelog (v0.1.2 - 0.1.5):
  • Improved overall speed and performance by about 35% (0.1.2)
  • Increased the reference resolution for the overworld tiles (field, ocean, etc) (0.1.2)
  • Increased the size of character portraits in battle (0.1.2)
  • Additional adjustments to overworld tiles (0.1.3 & 0.1.4)
  • Increased performance by an additional 5% (0.1.3)
  • Updated patch to work with the newest 1.1.2 Google Play update on 4/17/22 (0.1.5)
         --> BIG thank you to MrBreada#2001 on Discord for letting me know!

Goals (v0.1.6 and beyond):
  • Improvements to the UI, such as larger character portraits in battle, better use of screen real estate
  • Improvements to the controls, possibly some workaround like Octopus for bluetooth gamepad support
  • Add newer DQ amenities such as "Handy Heal All" and better item organization
  • (probably more i'm not thinking of)

Older releases & changelogs (hidden with spoiler tag to reduce clutter):
Spoiler
v0.0.1: https://mega.nz/folder/ekthBSSY#i2ope60CpyRRU2h6zLiT8Q
v0.1.2: (Link removed to save hosting storage space)
v0.1.3: (Link removed to save hosting storage space)
v0.1.4: https://mega.nz/folder/qplC2JRJ#S0WBaQohocgedByQGJ2ctg

Changelog (v0.0.1):
  • Upscaled numerous textures and assets
  • Replaced synthesized music with orchestral tracks (the tool I developed for this is available on FF6 forum -- thanks much to those folks!)
  • Added some experimental font changes used for dialogue (may revert this depending on feedback)
          ---> the goal is to have the most readable/accessible font with good aesthetics and spacing, one that helps reduce reader fatigue with all the text in a long JRPG
  • Slightly adjusted UI icons for better aesthetics
[close]

Contact/Discussion/Bug Reports: #dq4m-modding on Yggdrasil: DQ Modding Community Discord

mike9k1

Dragon Quest 8 Mobile Remaster-

Much like the DQ4 remaster above, this mod makes a number of changes to DQ8's mobile version. Details will be listed in the changelog further below

Mod Preview Footage (tap below):
          0.1.6:          0.1.1:          0.1.2:

-------------------------------------
v0.1.7: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1s7pmogs704e7/DQ8_Mobile_Remaster_v0.1.7

--> Note: Use Google Chrome, other browsers on mobile may try to incorrectly rename the ".obb" file extension to ".zip" when downloading

Mirror (0.1.4): https://mega.nz/folder/jk1kwSjA#TmG1qhUZQbbbss37kupi3A
-------------------------------------

Installation Instructions:

(tap below to open image on mobile)

1. Purchase "Dragon Quest 8" on the Google Play Store (like the DQ4 remaster posted above, this mod will only work with a copy downloaded from the Play Store)

2. Download the files according to the instructions in the first post above.

3. Patch the apk (see instructions above)

4. Copy both obb's to "~\Android\obb\com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq8\". Extract "assets-media.zip" as a folder in the same directory

-----------------------

Changelog (v0.1.4 - v0.1.7):
  • Voiceover and non-essential cutscene files are now in "assets-media.zip", can be extracted to obb directory (0.1.4)
  • Added a secondary "backup" save bank (0.1.4)
Spoiler
     --> Starting with v0.1.4, the game now saves in 2 locations.  The normal save bank (stored in /data and only accessible with root) and the backup save bank (stored in the obb directory).
     --> The saves from the secondary bank can be copied elsewhere in order to preserve them. If you want to restore them at a later time, you can copy them back.
     --> In order to load an older save copied to the obb directory, simply tap the "License" button on the title screen -> this will set the game to load saves from the secondary bank. Then, tap any save slot and the saves copied to the secondary bank should show instead.
     --> To repeat: whenever the game is saved, *both* banks are saved to. Copy saves out of the obb directory if you want to preserve them!
[close]
  • Autosaves are no longer deleted when selecting the "Return to Title Screen" option in-game (0.1.4)
  • Dragon Soul and (original) Pearly Gates restored (0.1.4)
Spoiler
     --> Dragon Soul can be used by obtaining the Dragovian Helm in postgame, and "using" it as an item in battle. Note that some effects are missing from this version.
     --> The uncensored (JP PS2) Pearly Gates can be used by obtaining the Templar Captain's Ring in lategame, and "using" it as an item in battle.
[close]
  • Buffed abilities: Crosscutter Throw, Toxic Dagger/Sword, Assassin's Stab / Sudden Death, Heart/Mind Breaker, Monster Masher / Devil Crusher, Gigathrow (0.1.4)
  • Small fix for the cutscene that plays after returning from the Dragon's Graveyard (0.1.4)
  • Ending prerendered cutscene no longer has an extra staff roll / unnecessary overlays (0.1.4)
  • Moved intro prerendered cutscenes into assets-media.zip, lowered size of main and patch obb's (0.1.5)
  • Adjusted assets-media and handling such that installation should be simpler (0.1.5)
  • Buffed abilities: Stainless/Steal Sickle, Wind Sickles, Thin Air, Grim/Grimmer Reaper (0.1.5)
  • Buffed weapons: Icicle Dirk, Blizzard Blade, Poison Needle, Demon Spear (0.1.5)
  • Lowered the MP cost of Firebird Throw and Gigathrow (0.1.5)
  • Adjusted Poison and Envenomation status effects to work more like modern DQ titles (0.1.5)
  • Added 4 new pieces of equipment via new alchemy recipes (0.1.5):
Spoiler
Minerva's Glaive = (Evil Spear) + (Flying Knife) + (Dark Wing)
Colossal Cleaver = (Heavy Scythe) + (Lunar Axe) + (Heavy Armor)
Axe-a-rang = (Combat Axe) + (Fire-like Boomerang) + (Sharp Boomerang)
Golden Shield = (Soldier's Shield) + (Golden Weapon)
[close]
  • Fixed a bug which could cause a black-screen softlock when loading assets in a few specific cases (0.1.6)
  • Made some small optimizations to the loading of external assets, such as voiceovers and prerendered cutscenes (0.1.6)
  • Small adjustments to: Demon Spear, Poison Needle, Axe-a-rang, Colossal Cleaver, Minerva's Glaive (0.1.7)
  • Small buffs to: Poison Moth Knife, Imp Knife (0.1.7)
  • Small buffs to Needle Shot/Rain abilities (0.1.7)
  • Fixed an oversight with Heart Breaker ability (0.1.7)
  • Classic Pearly Gates (restored in 0.1.4) now has unique attributes (0.1.7)
  • Staves now increase wisdom akin to newer DQ titles (0.1.7)
  • Added another 4 pieces of equipment via new alchemy recipes (0.1.7):
Spoiler
Silly Club = (Plain Club) + (Red's Gift) + (Rare Mineral)
Medea's Staff = (Staff of Life) + (Princess' Headwear) + (Heavenly Ring)
Marcello's Rapier = (Fast Blade) + (Faster Blade) + (Divine Blade)
Nightblade = (Devilish Knife) + (Sleepy Sword) + (Dark Wing)
[close]

Goals (v0.1.8 and beyond):
  • Add upscaled textures for all maps in the game
  • Restore Super Holy Water JP/mobile-exclusive item
  • Add voiceovers for cutscenes --> improve voiceovers (switch Jessica voice w/ PS2 version, etc)
  • Add a way to mount a 3rd obb - improve the scalability of the mod going forward
  • Tie up a few odds and ends with voiceovers (yes/no dialogue boxes, monster arena voices, etc)
  • Possibly add new character outfits
  • Possibly add new endgame super-enemies/bosses

Older releases and changelogs

Note: Each are were hidden with spoiler tags to reduce clutter

Changelog (v0.0.1 - v0.0.9): https://pastebin.com/dMgSkUM4

Changelog (v0.1.1 - v0.1.3):
  • Added voiceovers to the game (Japanese and English) (0.1.1)
  • Added PS2 version voiceovers as well (0.1.2)
  • Re-added higher-quality textures for bridge cutscene after further testing (disabled compression on bundle file, this seemed to consistently fix the issue reported prior to 0.0.8 ) (0.1.2)
  • Voiceover volume can now be changed with the SFX Volume slider in the main menu (0.1.2)
  • Voiceover settings can now also be toggled in-game (0.1.2)
  • Voiced dialogue is now skippable (0.1.3), notes below
          --> Previously (0.1.1 & 0.1.2) input locking was enabled for VOs in order to avoid potential softlocks
          --> 0.1.3 now disables that by default, but it can be re-enabled in the 'Volume Settings' menu on the title screen
          --> Simply tap the SFX Volume '+' button several times
  • Brains cutscene and Ancient Ship cutscene have been adjusted to prevent audio channel conflict if VOs are enabled (0.1.3)
  • Added missing PS2 voiceovers for a handful of cutscenes (0.1.3)
          --> Both Japanese (3DS) and English (PS2 and 3DS) voiceovers are available, each contain over 4000 voice samples for cutscenes throughout the game -- that's ~12000 in total!
          --> Switch languages (or disable voiceovers entirely) by tapping "Volume Settings" in the bottom left of the title screen menu (where you normally select a save file to load), then tap the speaker icon under "SFX Settings"
          --> This can also be toggled by going into the in-game menu, tapping "(*) Settings" at the middle-right, and tapping either D-Pad option twice.
          --> Default setting is PS2 English (EN-PS2), tap once to change to 3DS English (EN-3DS), tap again to change to Japanese (JP), tap again to disable voices (OFF), tap again to go back to PS2 English (EN-PS2), etc

Contact/Discussion/Bug Reports: #dq8m-modding on Yggdrasil: DQ Modding Community Discord

[/list]

gokajern

Looking forward to this project. Here I was thinking of finally playing DQ8 on my phone.

Dragoonglue

This is a cool project. Would it be possible to add support for the Amazon Appstore versions?

mike9k1

Quote from: Dragoonglue on March 09, 2022, 06:38:08 PM
This is a cool project. Would it be possible to add support for the Amazon Appstore versions?

Ah, I hadn't even thought of the Amazon version. Not quite sure how it differs, offhand.

If you want, you can contact me on the Dragon Quest Modding Community Discord and I may be able to work out a patch for it assuming you own this version.

Edit: Added a patch for the Amazon version to the link in the post above, under "amazon-version" subfolder. Thanks to Dragoonglue for their assistance.

mike9k1

Both DQ4MR and DQ8MR have received substantial updates from their initial release. I thought I would make a quick post to keep everyone abreast.

There was a bit of a "version jump" with DQ4 in particular. At this point, it is well ahead of where DQ8 is and it's in a fairly mature state overall.

After playtesting through the entire game ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2r6Rhx_2c <-- spoiler warning ), I'm pretty satisfied with where DQ4MR is at. That doesn't mean there won't be more updates in the future, but I will likely prioritize other things for now.

In addition to continuing efforts on DQ8MR, I may very well move on to DQ5 or DQ6's mobile ports as well in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

mike9k1

DQ8MR has received another couple updates (details above) -- over half the game has been upscaled and playtested now.

I've also been spending a lot of time looking into voiceovers. It appears there is some leftover code for playing them in the mobile port:

// Token: 0x06002107 RID: 8455 RVA: 0x001027D4 File Offset: 0x001009D4
public static void _EventBattleStep(dqCScene scene)
{
if (dq_ctrl_ext.IsRunEventBattle() && dq_ctrl_ext.GetEventBattleMonsterGroupID() == EV_BTL.EV_BTL_PORUKU && dq_menu.CmdEventInfo.btlcmd_select)
{
dq_battle.btlMainInfo.progress = 50;
dq_battle.btlMainInfo.event_mode = true;
dq_battle.btlMainInfo.menu_off = true;
CMessage message = scene.GetMessage(4);
if (message)
{
message.SetVoiceStreamFlag(true);
string mesFileBuff = message.GetMesFileBuff();
int mesFileSize = message.GetMesFileSize();
string buffMesIdPtr = CMessage.GetBuffMesIdPtr(mesFileBuff, mesFileSize, 100);
message.SetMesMakePtr(buffMesIdPtr);
string mesMakePtr = message.GetMesMakePtr();
message.MakeMesWin2(mesMakePtr, true);
BGM_INFO activeBgmInfo = scene.GetActiveBgmInfo();
if (activeBgmInfo != null)
{
activeBgmInfo.NowFadeBgmVol = 0.55f;
}
scene.FadeOutBGM(30);
dq_battle.btlMainInfo.stack_read.Clear();
CStrmManager strmManager = mloop.GetStrmManager();
strmManager.OpenStrm(eSTRMHDL_ID.STRM_HDL_ID_5, "02010060.mwv", false);
strmManager.PlayStrm(eSTRMHDL_ID.STRM_HDL_ID_5, 1f, -1);
}
}
}

^this is what's called when Bangers and Mash encounter the party upon entering Alexandria

However, I haven't been able to confirm whether this actually works. There are also other mwv-related classes/methods defined. Most of what i've seen implemented are battle-related, so they may have not gotten very far.

(mwv is Level 5's audio container, which they used in the PS2 port -- thankfully, it is documented and playable by vgmstream)

Obviously, VOs are a very big deal with DQ8, so getting those back are a high priority. I'd still like to start on DQ5 or DQ6 sometime soon (it would be a nice break from DQ8 when I get to it), but i'm not quite at that point yet.

mike9k1

Just wanted to add a quick update -- DQ8MR has now reached v0.0.8, with the vast majority of the game playtested and upscaled now.

I've also received the help of additional playtesters cry#4716 (Dragoonglue), devil#9291, and kizuma_gaming#4802 on the DQ Modding Community Discord --> BIG thank you to them, I really appreciate their input.

For anyone else who'd like to try the mod out, the instructions are in the first post above.

I'd also like to thank playinful#9160, who's spent quite a bit of time modding the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8. I hope my documentation helps their efforts as much as their documentation has helped mine.

There's also a new preview up (from v0.0.7's release), which I forgot to add here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE0MnobrXU

Felipefpl

I have a question: Do you intend to work on DQ 4 for NDS in the future or just the android version? I ask this because DQ 4 doesnt have a patch for the missing party system that exists in other systems.

Btw, kongratz on your work for mobile.  :thumbsup:
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

mike9k1

Quote from: Felipefpl on May 07, 2022, 08:52:11 AM
I have a question: Do you intend to work on DQ 4 for NDS in the future or just the android version? I ask this because DQ 4 doesnt have a patch for the missing party system that exists in other systems.

Btw, kongratz on your work for mobile.  :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch! I'm pretty much just focused on mobile, tbh. The main reason I stick with that is because I feel that (1) mobile has a lot more potential when it comes to modding (i.e. it runs on Unity, the assets are easy to modify), (2) it's a "modern platform" in the sense that the game is still accessible and being sold on GPlay today, and (3) nobody else had tried to *legitimately mod the mobile versions until this point

(*well...outside of some sketchy Russian crack that does nothing but give the player infinite money and bundles a trojan into the apk)

That said, I know there at least a handful of folks who work on the DS versions.

If you're talking about the party chat, there is a patch by concreted -- the installation seems a little involved, but I can't imagine why someone couldn't make an xdelta patch of it to make it easier to install on a US copy.

Felipefpl

QuoteIf you're talking about the party chat, there is a patch by concreted -- the installation seems a little involved, but I can't imagine why someone couldn't make an xdelta patch of it to make it easier to install on a US copy.

Thanks for the explanation about your work on mobile, i asked about DQ 4 for NDS exactly because of the work of concreted, no one made a patch of it because it's complicated, a lot. I wish it was something easier (i dont understand why concreted didnt make the patch).
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

mike9k1

Quote from: Felipefpl on May 07, 2022, 06:43:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation about your work on mobile, i asked about DQ 4 for NDS exactly because of the work of concreted, no one made a patch of it because it's complicated, a lot. I wish it was something easier (i dont understand why concreted didnt make the patch).

Yeah you might be able to find someone who can help you out on either the modding Discord (linked above), or Dragon Quest Abbey.

At DQ Abbey in particular, there's a user by the name of "Seb" who seems pretty intimately familiar with the installation procedure for that mod -- they may even be able to explain why an xdelta/ips was never made for the US version (using the re-packed JPN ROM from the final step as the "modified file").

Pamzkie

This is an awesome work..haven't played dq8 mobile for a long time,most people tells that it's an abandoned game from Devs,because of the lags and slowness..but when I bump into this mod..wow..this makes the game much awesome..graphics and frame rate was superb,tested on redmi note 11..hopefully this will continue to make others see how great this mod is..

mike9k1

Quote from: Pamzkie on May 21, 2022, 12:30:22 PM
This is an awesome work..haven't played dq8 mobile for a long time,most people tells that it's an abandoned game from Devs,because of the lags and slowness..but when I bump into this mod..wow..this makes the game much awesome..graphics and frame rate was superb,tested on redmi note 11..hopefully this will continue to make others see how great this mod is..

Thanks a bunch for your support, Pamz. Love to hear that folks are enjoying the mod and it's improving the experience for them.

Update v0.1.1 was just added and finally adds voiceovers into the game -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_FrIEQoIA

The entire game should be covered as far as cutscenes are concerned. 

Due to the number of changes that had to be made in order to make the game reference VOs correctly, I ended up using the 3DS version's voiceovers as it had a more conducive naming scheme which made it simpler to implement. Also, since I did it that way, it took virtually no time at all to add Japanese voices as well, so I threw those in as a bonus and "hacked" the sound effect mute button in the main menu to allow the voiceovers to be toggled (with a confirmation message). Sound effects can still be turned down with the volume buttons right below, so it should really make little to no difference.

There are a few cases i'm aware of in which voiceovers aren't referenced -- however, I may just need to add a method call here or there to get them to work now.

I was thinking I would just try to add Jessica's PS2 voiceovers into a later update, but upon further examination, there's a lot more differences between the 3DS English voices and PS2 English voices than I thought. 3DS having some lines re-recorded due to localization changes, additional voices (such as the Brownie that blocks your path in Waterfall Cave), as well as slightly reduced sample quality due to compression on 3DS.

I may end up just deciding to add the PS2 English voiceovers as another toggle option entirely (in addition to 3DS English voiceovers).

Pamzkie

Hopefully with this voice over,more people would be attracted to play this game again,for some reasons people are complaining because of lags and frame rate issues that is fixed now..then adding vo will surely make this game interesting to play again,thanks for the work,a job well done,,hopefully more updates soon..god bless

TimmyP

Hey man nice job on this. The Youtube videos dont do it justice. The transitions into and out of battle are so fast, smooth. Imo this is the best version of the game now, even better than 3ds.

mike9k1

Quote from: TimmyP on June 08, 2022, 07:10:48 PM
Hey man nice job on this. The Youtube videos dont do it justice. The transitions into and out of battle are so fast, smooth. Imo this is the best version of the game now, even better than 3ds.

Thanks, Timmy. Glad you're enjoying the mod!

I will say that the YT videos really are just a "best effort" and unfortunately, i'm a modder, not a content creator, so my editing skills and overall reach are extremely limited -> I'd rather spend my time on the mod itself than putting footage together to show it off. After that, I send it off to my friend to upload to their YT channel. Usually around this same time I'm uploading the files for the next version, which itself takes quite a bit of time due to the slow upstream on my connection. So all this together puts me off of actual modding for 2+ days by itself.

Just recently, I also discovered a huge bug in kdenlive (really awful, but free, editing software), which causes frame drops and other glitches when "Parallel Processing" is used during rendering. It gets particularly worse when an alpha layer is used for text. I realized that was causing some choppiness in the videos prior to the latest (0.1.2) preview.

I think that one's just a small bit better, but yeah. This, on top of running the capture software on the same phone the game runs on (which itself is a tad older) results in something that doesn't fully capture the real experience of the mod.

Hopefully a real content creator comes along at some point, takes notice, and can make something a bit more high-quality. In the meantime, we'll (occasionally) have these hokey previews to show off changes, new features, etc.

TimmyP

Hey would it be possible to do a PS2-eng only version of this? Unless the voice data isn't too heavy on storage (I have no idea). Love the new version, it seems perfect so far!

mike9k1

Quote from: TimmyP on June 23, 2022, 02:59:25 PM
Hey would it be possible to do a PS2-eng only version of this? Unless the voice data isn't too heavy on storage (I have no idea). Love the new version, it seems perfect so far!

There are some improvements with the latest version (v0.1.4) that should reduce the amount of space voices take as they're no longer stored in the apk and you'd be able to remove them (or not install VOs at all) if you so wish.

First, with the voices no longer stored in the apk, DQ8 should take a lot less space after installing (or updating). This is because VOs no longer end up in the app's cache. Plus, installing the apk should be a bit faster due to the decreased size (and less likely to fail if you are low on space on your phone)

----------

Simply extract "assets-media.zip" into "com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq8" as a new folder, so you'll have "com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq8\media-assets\Data\wav\voice\(etc)"

Once you do that, you can delete "assets-media.zip" and any of the older xdelta patches or patched apk's to save some space.

If you want to save even more space after that (and remove the 3DS voiceovers), you can delete the "en\" and "jp\" directories in the above mentioned path. You'll want to leave the "ps2\" directory as-is, as that holds the PS2-English voiceovers.

TimmyP