ROM Hacks: Breath of Fire: War of the Goddess Released

Started by RHDNBot, February 19, 2022, 11:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamePurge

According to KWhazit Oddities and the BoF Wiki, it's a saw.
Check out and discuss my projects

lan-vuhoang

Quote from: MD_Prometh on February 19, 2022, 12:29:03 PM
Thanks a lot for this.

Hopefully an uncut Breath of Fire IV hack will happen one day
And hopefully it restores the "Identify" spell. Shouldn't be too hard, considering that a patch for it already exist.
Quote from: vivify93 on February 19, 2022, 08:59:09 PM
Thanks to WotG and the BoFII retranslation, all BoF's have dash now ♥
If you want dash in BOF1 and BOF2 without all the other fuss, just play the GBA version ♥♥

Rosiero

If I understand correctly, this script isn't simply a retranslation but adds things that weren't there originally, right? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I haven't played BOF1 before and for my initial playthrough I don't think I'd want that.

FlamePurge

if you want the unaltered bof1 and 2 experience, play the gba versions. there are patches to restore their original soundtracks and colors. i recommend them b/c their ui is a bit cleaner and they have dash function but the scripts are the same

bof1 gba color restoration - https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2900/
bof1 gba sound restoration - https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3764/

bof2 gba color restoration - https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/902/
bof2 gba sound restoration - https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3765/

Dzumeister

free sluffy

FlamePurge

Quote from: Dzumeister on February 28, 2022, 11:37:20 PMnow bring it to the GBA lol  ::)
Sure thing. So I take it that you're willing to help? Do you have the tools available? Able to help with graphics? Signing on to beta test the entire game thoroughly?

If not, fuck off.

Messages like this are demoralizing, demotivating, disrespectful, and all-around equivalent to telling a hacker "Not good enough" for making these by-fans for-fans for-free projects. What is even the purpose of this kind of post? Further, you want it done? Do it your own self. The entire purpose of WotG gaining dash, text icons, and 2x EXP/zenny is to outclass the GBA version; sure, the anime stills and UI tweaks aren't available but it's an experience at least on par, gameplay-wise. Don't ask me for anything, much less demand.

Korokun

I feel ya. But let it be know I really appreciate your hack. And I too will play the original before I rejump into this so I can refresh my memory of the original.

As for romhacking goes its underappreciated but thank you. In time I hope to learn more then enough to conquer Segagaga but right now I am working with Polinym from Woosely Fan Translations to get up to par one day.

Know while we may criticize until we roll up our sleeves and do any part of what you do we should honestly learn to be grateful in what we get.

Thank you many many times over for this awesome hack and I hope there are many MANY to come!

Mega_Mega_X

Just finished it. You folks did amazing work I had tons of fun playing this for the first time. I've played, but never finished, the awesome BoF2 Retranslation/overhaul that's been available for some time now but never tried the first game because I'd seen how awkward and lacking the translation was. I'm glad you have rectified this. The only thing that's missing from this game is descriptions for what exactly some of the accessories do. It's the one thing that bugged me playing through it.

All that said, this was a delightful experience. Thank you.  :thumbsup:

FlamePurge

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for playing. :) As for your other question, that's why I bundled in appendices; the armor appendix also covers accessories. I would've liked descriptions, too.

kefkaroth

thanks to vivi and justin for this dream come true. though i found one con with this. the shin ability no longer lets you walk thru the forest. also is there a way to make patches for the dash and double xp/zenny to put in the vanilla version.

FlamePurge

Thanks for the report. I can't believe I forgot about that one.

edit - justin fixed the shin forest-walk thing, and also just released 2x ep/gold and run button patches. i guess no one will play this piece of shit script mod anymore lmao oh well

Misa

Perfect timing. I just decided to replay this game before playing the BoF2 retranslation, and was wondering if someone had made something similar with the first game. I'm extremely grateful with the improvements done, I don't care all that much about it not being 100% true to the original script as I have no way to read japanese and the official translation is already terrible as it is. Items names are everything as great to have, as well as the running. Never been a fan of GBA ports so I was reluctant to try that one.

I was gonna play without the 2x exp but after 20 minutes of play I remembered how bad the grinding was for this game. It's not that excessive but it's incredibly boring at times so I started over with the patch lol

I'll give you guys more feedback once I'm done with the game. Thanks for your hard work  :)

FlamePurge

JKPhage

Quote from: FlamePurge on May 15, 2022, 03:15:16 AM
i guess no one will play this piece of shit script mod anymore lmao oh well

Oh shush you. It's a great project that helps a very dated game to feel much less dated, and you did a fantastic job with it. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to more awesome projects from you in the future! :thumbsup:

Artemis-kun

I've been playing this, and it has been an excellent experience thus far! Really, this is what this game has always needed, and it makes it much more enjoyable to play, and significantly more accessible. One thing to report though, there is an NPC in Melodia/Tunlan that continues to speak in music notes after acquiring the WispHood, pictured below. Great touch btw on that, I found it extremely fitting, far better than the original translation's attempt at flute noises. Thanks for the great work!

FlamePurge

That was present in the original, I'm pretty sure, though she said "so! fa! la! ti!"