News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Breath of Fire: War of the Goddess v1.03

Started by FlamePurge, February 19, 2022, 11:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadin

Long time lurker, new poster, just wanted to thank you for your phenomenal work on this great game.

It's always been one of my favourite games and this makes it even better!

I don't think I'll ever go back to vanilla after this. I consider this the definitive version of the game.

Thank you once again for your hard work!

FlamePurge

Thank you, hadin. I do appreciate it.

I made a small gameplay quality update today; the addendum patches were remade to assure compatibility. (I was replaying last night and came across a few weird text bugs because I hadn't updated them.) Hopefully that'll be the last update for this. Fingers crossed.
Check out and discuss my projects

2tack

I definitely plan on playing this soon! Don't let the negative people get in your head.

Thanatos-Zero

Quote from: vivify93 on May 18, 2022, 09:58:14 PM
If you had read the description fully, you would know that the first two fusions have been swapped.

Debo is now found in Guntz, and costs 10 AP. It fuses Danq with Gobi and Bild, but can only be used underwater. It is now available for use during a portion of the story in which you'll actually be underwater. Before, you obtained it after you were done in the sea and it had no purpose.

Cheyenne is now found in Gust, and costs 15 AP. It fuses Danq with Gary and Gobi, and like Gary, can walk through forests (As of v1.03). Before, no one had any reason to use Debo over Cheyenne aside from exploiting the Game Over bug.
Ah that is why!
Thank you.

Joehiyo

Quote from: vivify93 on May 15, 2022, 10:45:30 PM
Edit - As long as there aren't any typos or I didn't bungle directions somehow, I want this to be the last time I ever touch this stupid thing. I hate it a lot and regret making it. I had hoped maybe there would be merit to it, but I've mostly gotten random, impossible feature requests or being otherwise told this was a waste of time.

Passion projects are never a waste of time, keep making art my friend. I have never played BoF and as soon as I saw this with your name on it I knew I'd be using this patch for my first playthrough, so thanks :beer:

T92

Quote from: vivify93 on May 15, 2022, 10:45:30 PM
- "You put in a single Resident Evil 1 reference, therefore that means this is full of memes and jokes at every turn, therefore this is not worth playing."
References to other games are not bad unless you overuse them like J2E.
At least RE references make some sense since both games are from Capcom.
But there are people who are capable of giving a game a bad review just because they played it on a experimental emulator and got a minor bug that has nothing to do with the hack.

Lumiere

While I haven't played much of your BOFI hack yet, I've played many of your previous ones. I have yet to find a reason not to play your hacks, they're high quality and you fix any issues that are found quickly.
Don't let some bad reviews and horrible people disuade you from working on stuff that you want to do.

Thank You

sonic_014

please help i cant find "shin" ..i get "debo" only on guntz ...where i can find on shin?

T92

Quote from: sonic_014 on May 31, 2022, 10:45:09 PM
please help i cant find "shin" ..i get "debo" only on guntz ...where i can find on shin?
As the author said:

"Debo is now found in Guntz, and costs 10 AP. It fuses Danq with Gobi and Bild, but can only be used underwater. It is now available for use during a portion of the story in which you'll actually be underwater. Before, you obtained it after you were done in the sea and it had no purpose.

Cheyenne is now found in Gust, and costs 15 AP. It fuses Danq with Gary and Gobi, and like Gary, can walk through forests (As of v1.03). Before, no one had any reason to use Debo over Cheyenne aside from exploiting the Game Over bug. " :thumbsup:

FlamePurge

thanks, T29. i appreciate it :) but yes, now you can actually use debo during the underwater segment of the story. enjoy!
Check out and discuss my projects

Rudy

Quote from: T29 on June 01, 2022, 01:08:07 AM
Before, no one had any reason to use Debo over Cheyenne aside from exploiting the Game Over bug. " :thumbsup:

Now I'm curious, no amount of googling managed to find any info on this game over bug....Any more info on this?

Rudy

Quote from: Special on June 02, 2022, 03:05:36 PM
Your Google-fu is weak.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Debo+breath+of+fire&t=ffcm&ia=web

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frp8Ytmc_C4

Surprisingly DDG has much better results. The same search on google has the video buried. Also I was adding gameover to my search which ruined it completely