command prompt help please

Started by rocketsizer, February 18, 2022, 11:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketsizer

Starting this with a paste from the readme included to specify my question
### How to apply the patch:
1. Open the iOS IPA file using a file compression software, such as 7-Zip
2. Inside, open the folder "Payload" then the folder "megaten1.app"
3. Extract the "megaten1" file (no file extension; CRC32: A3AAC34F) from the "megaten1.app" folder, place it in the same folder as the gba ROM

* For Windows users:
4. Open cmd (Command Prompt) and locate the above folder, then run the script "SMT1_create.bat" (credit to [Ds886](https://github.com/Ds886)) as:

`SMT1_create.bat [GBA ROM filename] megaten1`

* For Unix/MacOS users:
4. Open the terminal and locate the above folder, then run the script "SMT1_create.sh" (credit to [Ds886](https://github.com/Ds886)) as:

`SMT1_create.sh [GBA ROM filename] megaten1`

The script calls the flips executable (by [Alcaro](https://github.com/Alcaro)) and directly generates the "SMT1_new.gba" ROM.

* Manually patching:
4. Patch your SMT1 GBA ROM with "SMT1_1_gba.bps" using a BPS patcher, such as Floating IPS, and save it as "SMT1_1_gba.gba"
5. Patch the "megaten1" file from the IPA with "SMT1_2_ios.bps" using the same BPS patcher, save it as "SMT1_2_ios.gba" (by default it will be saved as SMT1_2_ios.bps; please ensure to rename it correctly)
6. Combine the patched ROMs by the following command
   `copy /b SMT1_1_gba.gba+SMT1_2_ios.gba SMT1_new.gba`

So i completed step 1-3 and 4 from the *Manually patching* section. My first question is on step 4 of the *for windows users* it says Open cmd (Command Prompt) and locate the above folder, then run the script "SMT1_create.bat"  as:`SMT1_create.bat [GBA ROM filename] megaten1`. how do I do that. i watched videos on command prompt but when I follow the steps i always get the message "is not recognized as an internal or external command" so how do i locate this folder and run scripts?

second question on step 5 when i try to Patch the "megaten1" file from the IPA with "SMT1_2_ios.bps" the "megaten1" is nowhere to be found even though I extracted it like it said to do on step 3. the file is visible in the folder but then the file becomes invisible when i try to patch it.

Lastly i have no idea how to perform step 6. please help

Cyneprepou4uk

Open folder in explorer, hold Shift, then right click, select "open command prompt" or whatever it's called, I don't remember. That way you don't need to specify path manually in cmd.

QuoteSo i completed step 1-3 and 4 from the *Manually patching* section
QuoteMy first question is on step 4 of the *for windows users*
I don't get it, why do you bother with cmd if you have choosen the Manually patching way?

Quotecopy /b SMT1_1_gba.gba+SMT1_2_ios.gba SMT1_new.gba
Either execute it in cmd, or create a text file with this text inside it, rename extension to bat and launch it.

Jorpho

Quote from: Cyneprepou4uk on February 19, 2022, 03:21:38 PMOpen folder in explorer, hold Shift, then right click, select "open command prompt" or whatever it's called, I don't remember.
In Windows 7, it's "Open command window here". In Windows 10, it's "Open Powershell window here" – except Powershell doesn't have the same support for the "copy" command, so you need to type "cmd" first in order to get to the Command Prompt. (Technology!)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!