News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

ROM Hacks: Pac-Man for SNES

Started by RHDNBot, February 05, 2022, 07:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHDNBot

Update By: Nokia3310

Pac-Man was never released as a Super Nintendo game or on any classic arcade compilations in the 16-bit days. This patch now fills that hole in the SNES library.

An official port of Pac-Man for SNES only appeared as an unlockable game in Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. This patch turns that 16-bit version of Pac-Man into a standalone game for Super Nintendo. No arcades to find in Pac-Man 2 or password to enter. No menus. It works on real hardware or an emulator.

This is now the best way of playing Namco's Pac-Man on Super Nintendo.

Pac-Man 2 also includes a version of Namco's Ms. Pac Man and is a different version to the vertical scrolling version released by Williams for SNES.  Watch this space...

NEWS UPDATE
The patch for Namco's Ms. Pac-Man is now complete and available to download here

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

JunkoJakuzure

Wonderful job with it! Been playing around with the hack a lot and honestly I enjoy this better than the actual Pac-Man 2 game itself. I also wonder will you be doing this with Ms. Pac-Man as well? I mean it would be amazing given this year is Ms. Pac-Man's 40th birthday.

Atariboy

This and the similar recent Pitfall patch that turns the hidden 2600 port in the Mayan Adventure into a standalone game are very welcomed.

Just a few months ago I went looking for patches to do just this and came up empty handed. How quick things change. :)

Meeph

Very nice! Thank you for putting this together!  :)
-- Meephkins

Nokia3310

Quote from: Atariboy on February 06, 2022, 04:52:31 PM
Just a few months ago I went looking for patches to do just this and came up empty handed. How quick things change. :)

This is one of the reasons that made me want to make these (I made the Pitfall patch too). I thought they would exist already.

The patch for Namco's Ms. Pac-Man (also included in Pac-Man 2) is now complete and available to download here.

I think I've covered the short list of all the 'hidden' games within other games on Super Nintendo. If anyone knows of any others, please comment below.

Atariboy

Quote from: Nokia3310 on February 10, 2022, 03:58:33 AMI think I've covered the short list of all the 'hidden' games within other games on Super Nintendo. If anyone knows of any others, please comment below.

Time Pilot '95 would be cool to see turned into a standalone game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkTz16LQjHY