Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War Re-translation (Project Naga)

Started by ddstranslation, February 02, 2016, 03:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kain611

werewolfslayr925

Quote from: Horrabin on March 11, 2017, 09:51:50 AM
Awesome, those are some pretty good news  :)

I have some experience with fonts and extra alphabet characters from previous translations. Also, I know some people who would be glad to help with the redrawing. Still, it's nice to know that we can count with some extra help in case something requires a deeper knowledge of the ROM.

Anyways, thanks again for your work and thanks for your fast response.

If you're in need of an extra translator for that project, I'd be glad to volunteer my services. I would be honored to get in on a translation project for my favorite Fire Emblem ;D
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

Darrman

sisterray777

Quote from: Missingno255 on July 29, 2016, 05:17:37 AM
I'm the one who metioned on your video about compressing the game down to 7MB. :) The absolute ROM space limit of the SNES, is 12MB (96Mbit). That is the highest you can go to. SD2SNES implements this limit, however, the Super Everdrive flash cart can only copy games that are 7MB(56Mbit) and lower. I saw on page 8 that you had posted a patch for the translation expanding the ROM size to 6MB (48Mbit). I downloaded that and tested it and it works perfectly on a real SNES with Super Everdrive. I'm not sure how it is with emulators though.
I figured I'd test it on hardware to let you know how it would work, and lo and behold, it works! As long as you stay 7MB and under, you should be good to go with flashcart users. :D

is there any chance you still have this 6mb test patch laying around? the mediafire link is dead. I have a super everdrive and really want to play fe4 in english but the every other version is too large. sorry for necroposting but i cant find any other super everdrive compatible patch anywhere online. cheers.

bigbob

Guadozoku

I'd love to play this one day, but I don't like perm death. Will the translation include a casual mode option?

And yeah, I could just git gud, but I'd rather play for enjoyment and a supposedly incredible story.