Inazuma Eleven 3 Sekai e no chosen (NDS) translation from Jap to Italian Help.

Started by El-Blu ray DVD, January 14, 2022, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El-Blu ray DVD

Hi guys, I am a new user and I am absolutely not familiar with romhacking so I would like to ask for advice for a translation that I would like to do from Japanese to Italian for a ROM for Nintendo DS. The game in question is Inazuma Eleven 3 Sekai e no chosen: The Ogre. I checked and reviewed numerous guides found in different sites concerning the world of romhakcking (mostly for GBA, NES/SNES). I am seriously trying to approach the world of romhacking for ds, however I have not yet found an efficient and above all complete guide in this regard. So I wanted to ask if there was an actual guide for the romhacking/translations in particular from the Japanese. If someone could help me, they'd give me a lot of help. Thank you. If there is any grammar error, sorry but I don't speak english and I tried to do my best.

FAST6191

There are some Italian guides specifically for the DS out there. I lost the bookmarks for them a while back though.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=14708.0 does have some stuff.

I will also note there were some people doing work with Inazuma Eleven 3 on the DS (as well as all the other games which are pretty similar if my limited experience with them is anything to go by) in English and possibly French so you might want to go looking there.

El-Blu ray DVD

Hi guys, it's me again. I'm reading the "romhacking 2016 guide" and I'm really excited to do that. But I'm not understanding a thing: all the section about signed values, floating point and fixed point. I tried to translate it into Italian but I still can't understand why I need to know them and especially what's the meaning of sign and magnitude, Ones complement, Twos complement, Excess 7 ecc...
Thanks

FAST6191

Various thoughts at this point then.

You might get away with skipping it. It will be a deficit, especially if you get to programming, 3d formats and whatever else but at the same time you can happily learn some cheat making, text editing, fiddling with tile editors and more besides without it. I do occasionally question it being at the start as I rarely use it in hacking day to day but it is present at times and it is also a useful skill, and fairly good thing as an introduction to random data types as they have a clear use in general computing/maths concepts  -- if a game uses a top bit in a large value for its own arcane reasons (not as common on the DS as it might be on the NES or something where every bit was valuable but I can still provide any number of examples) then if you had already met a similar thing before for allowing hex to have negative values, a far more obvious concept, you stand both a better chance of spotting it and a better chance of figuring out why.

If my explanation of that is not for you then it is not some deep hacking lore or anything that I might have been the only one to write about/write about in a non "I already know programming, just give me the facts" manner but in fact basic computing. Find a course that teaches programming, possibly some electronics as well, and such things will likely be included in that. I have some suggestions for English but don't read modern Italian anywhere near enough to vet such a course.

El-Blu ray DVD

Ok, thank you very much again. Searching around, I'm beginning to understand this concepts, thank you again.