Small help with meaning: how many times is it exactly?

Started by reyvgm, April 11, 2022, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reyvgm

I'm not looking for a translation, just to understand a bit of a small line. (Please, no google translation or assumptions, I already did that on my own.)

"コケラ座の公演をA席で10回(2938回公演)以上見ていると最終ボスを倒した後の「夢の宴」で乗り物の後ろにある部屋(デバッグルーム)に入ることができる。 "

This is the method to unlock the debug mode in Lennus 2 (SNES) legitimately and without cheats. I know I have to watch the "A seat" performance in the theater, the part that's confusing me are the numbers. Do I have to watch the performance 10 times or 2,938 times?

Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks!

no idea what this game is or what the context is but I'm thinking its something like each time you go watch the performance you get a different seat, and sometimes it's the A seat. you have to watch it 10 times from seat A, and due to the way the game works, after 2938 total times of watching the performance you will have been on the A seat 10 times. so you need to watch it 2938 times. i guess you can play the game and confirm whether when you watch this performance you get a seat randomly assigned, if so then my translation should be right.

reyvgm

Quote from: 730 on April 11, 2022, 11:37:41 PM
no idea what this game is or what the context is but I'm thinking its something like each time you go watch the performance you get a different seat, and sometimes it's the A seat. you have to watch it 10 times from seat A, and due to the way the game works, after 2938 total times of watching the performance you will have been on the A seat 10 times. so you need to watch it 2938 times. i guess you can play the game and confirm whether when you watch this performance you get a seat randomly assigned, if so then my translation should be right.

Thanks.

It's an RPG, the sequel to Paladin's Quest. In the theater, you select the seat you want to be in. The "A seat" is in the front, and the B seat is in the back. So I obviously need to pick the A seat to watch the performance in the front.

This is from a FAQ:

QuoteKokera Theater
You can find this in Glouster district 4. You can buy an A ticket for 2000G or
B ticket for 1000G. If you buy the B ticket, you'll be so far away from the
stage that you can't see anything, and all you'll hear is a snippet of dialogue.
It's a play about Tribune Petro. The Petro character says he took the name
Petro because is means huge rock- a rock to protect Niguren, chosen by the
gods!
An A ticket gets you a front-row seat. The narrator says that long ago, there
were two gods in the land of Raiga- Lady Maeve and Lord Granada (If you've
played Lennus 1, you'll recognize the name Raiga).

So basically, every time you are in the A seat, you'll watch the play. So that's why I'm still a bit confused with the numbers. If you pick the A seat 10 times, you only watch the play 10 times. If I pick it 2938 times, then I watch the play 2938 times. There's no one number and then the other.

The reason why I want to figure this out before I try it is because the debug room is found in the ending, so as you can guess, if I'm going to play through the entire game, I very well should know exactly what I need to do so I don't mess up.

April 11, 2022, 11:54:40 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Could it be saying it was to be watched MORE than 10 times but NOT more than 2938?

maybe 2938回公演 refers to a performance number rather than an amount of times you need to do the thing, i.e. there are different plays etc and the one that shows up when you use seat A for the 10th time is #2938. id try doing the A seat thing 10 times regardless just to see if you can discover anything, without going through the whole game

reyvgm

Doing it just 10 times worked. I don't know what the other number is, but it's really irrelevant now.

Thanks for the help!

Bunkai

Quote from: reyvgm on April 11, 2022, 10:38:56 PM

"コケラ座の公演をA席で10回(2938回公演)以上見ていると最終ボスを倒した後の「夢の宴」で乗り物の後ろにある部屋(デバッグルーム)に入ることができる。 "

This is the method to unlock the debug mode in Lennus 2 (SNES) legitimately and without cheats.

Can someone explain it to me?

Hi, i know this is mostly solved, but i want to provide some enlightenment for the remaining parts.

" In Kokera Theater go to the A seat and watch the performance 10 times (performance act 2938). After the 10th time, in the "Dream of feast/ Dream's feast" following the boss beating, you'll be able to enter in the room behind the ride (the debug room). "

If i read properly, the performance act number is the counter of times that performance have been displayed to the (in game) public before you go to see it [which for the game's code you're always on number 2938)

E.g: 30th pass of the show performance! If you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for?

Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.

reyvgm

I see, thanks for the additional details, Bunkai.

Thankfully I didn't have to watch the play 2938 times!

FAST6191

Most games will not hide something useful like a debug room behind that much. Random or super secret bonus... maybe.

Either way though in such a scenario I would generally suggest making a cheat as there will have to be a counter somewhere.

reyvgm

Quote from: FAST6191 on April 12, 2022, 06:14:46 PM
Most games will not hide something useful like a debug room behind that much. Random or super secret bonus... maybe.

Either way though in such a scenario I would generally suggest making a cheat as there will have to be a counter somewhere.

I misspoke, it's a dev room, not debug room.

There is a cheat already to access it, but no one knew what the conditions to access it legitimately were until now.