Question about translators that aren't that active during projects.

Started by the_phoenix_mirror, January 17, 2022, 04:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_phoenix_mirror

So I've been following this translation project of a PSP game called 'Evangelion 2 -another cases-'. They've been doing it for awhile now, but the project has been inactive for a couple of months now. I was wondering, when translators haven't been keeping updates after this long, should I just believe that the project was cancelled? They've never stated anything about it being cancelled btw.

Bunkai

There are a lot of reasons to not make updates.

The team being busy with their real life stuff.

No improvements worth to mention.

And more.

However that doesn't mean the project is dead or alive. Any project has a lot of activity under the hood, you may want to wait in good belief or at most you can ask them in a post in good manners.

Remember this is a hobby, not a payed job.
Curiosity leads to knowledge,
be curious.

the_phoenix_mirror

Quote from: Bunkai on January 17, 2022, 04:09:58 AM
or at most you can ask them in a post in good manners.

Remember this is a hobby, not a payed job.

I've been wanting to ask them about it, but I can't find anyway to contact them on their github page and unfortunately they haven't been active on github for a long time. Yeah I know it's a hobby and I highly respect them for duing this, I just wish we'd get info by now.

Vehek

This project started on Evageeks, so you could go there. But a new user who asked a few months ago didn't get a reply either.

the_phoenix_mirror

I checked Evageeks, but it seems the forum is dead.

January 18, 2022, 12:32:35 AM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

I decided to look and it seems the last update on GitHub was 17 months ago.  :(

Bonesy

When in doubt, assume it's stalled rather than canceled. This outlook may surprise you.