News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes II (Eiyuu Densetsu II) Pointer Help? (SNES)  (Read 700 times)

FFaddic

• View Profile
Wondering if anyone can help me with this one. Working on a translation patch for Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II. I've been making good progress with most of the things that need to be translated (dialogue, menus, enemy names, etc...) but I'm stuck on items and spells. This ROM seems to use all different sorts of pointers, and I can't for the life of me narrow down how to adjust the pointers for item names.

I'm not the best at understanding assembly, but here's what I've been able to figure out so far. The item list data starts at 0001772D (headerless). I found the pointer to the entire list. This is located at 0001331F (A22D8E3D00A2778E3E00A2C18E3F) but I can't seem to figure out how it iterates through the list. If anyone can provide any help, it'd be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 04:08:42 pm by FFaddic »

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
Re: Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes II (Eiyuu Densetsu II) Pointer Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 04:03:50 pm »
It would be helpful if you told people what platform it's for, considering it's been released on PC-88, PC-98, PCE-CD, FM Towns, SNES, Genesis, DOS, PS1 and Saturn.

FFaddic

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes II (Eiyuu Densetsu II) Pointer Help?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 04:08:26 pm »
It would be helpful if you told people what platform it's for, considering it's been released on PC-88, PC-98, PCE-CD, FM Towns, SNES, Genesis, DOS, PS1 and Saturn.

Lmao, good point. This is for SNES.

Guadozoku

• View Profile
I hate to be that guy, bit the Mega Drive aka Genesis version is a ton better, and there's a full script funnier in the abandoned projects section.