News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Oops, I summoned the Death Star: Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 translated  (Read 3731 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Supper

An English translation patch for the PC-Engine/TurboGrafx CD game Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 2: Eien no Princess, a.k.a. Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2: The Eternal Princess, has been released!

With the forces of darkness once again at bay, life seems to have returned to normal – or as close to normal as it gets for high school idol and galactic savior Yuna Kagurazaka. But trouble is brewing! After an unfortunate encounter with her self-proclaimed rival Erika Kousaka, Yuna accidentally summons a planet-destroying warship, the "Eternal Princess," to Earth. Now Yuna, partnering with mysterious android girl Yuri Cube, has scant days to try to take out the beacons guiding the ship before it arrives and annihilates the Earth, all while battling the deadly assassins of the "Erika 7." Is there any hope for the planet!?

Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 2: Eien no Princess (Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2: The Eternal Princess) is a 1995 adventure game/visual novel for the PC-Engine Super CD-ROM² system, developed by Red Company and Will and published by Hudson Soft. The sequel to the original Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, it mostly follows in its predecessor's footsteps on a larger budget, with bigger and better visuals, full voice acting, and much more polish all around.

Following on from the translation patch for the first game released a few months ago, this translation aims to provide the same experience for the sequel, including subtitles for all songs and voice-acted scenes as well as a translation of the game's manual.

Footage of the patch in action can be viewed here.

This translation was the work of Supper (hacking and translation), Mafoo343 (manual translation, translation support, and testing), TheMajinZenki (translation support), cccmar (testing), and Xanathis (testing). The authors hope you'll enjoy the game!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
That's two games in the Galaxy Fraulein Yuna series translated, if one doesn't count that the first game has both FACT and FAFT versions. The last game, which I don't think is a game, is the Galaxy Fraulein Yuna HuVIDEO CD.

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
That's two games in the Galaxy Fraulein Yuna series translated, if one doesn't count that the first game has both FACT and FAFT versions. The last game, which I don't think is a game, is the Galaxy Fraulein Yuna HuVIDEO CD.

Yeah, that's it for the PCE-CD games, but it seems the last game in the timeline is the Saturn/PS1 GFY 3. They made it a strategy RPG, presumably because Sakura Wars (by the same company) was popular at the time. There's also a PC-FX game that's just a retelling of one of the OVAs, they literally took the cutscenes straight from the OVA.

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
I'm a little confused.  Is this series a game series, an anime series, both?  If both, which came first, the anime/manga or the games?  (Congrats on the release, BTW)

cccmar

• View Profile
I'm a little confused.  Is this series a game series, an anime series, both?  If both, which came first, the anime/manga or the games?  (Congrats on the release, BTW)

Games came first, actually; the timeline is a bit weird, the anime are a mid-point. It goes like this: Game 1 -> Game 2 -> OVA 1 -> OVA 2 -> Game 3. There was also one more game that I mentioned, which is a retelling of the first OVA with some additional scenes/mini-games. I think there are some CDs with additional materials, like illustrations, sketches etc., but they're not games.

Sanedan56

• View Profile
I was not expecting the sequel to be done so quick. Good job.

YoshiWhite62

• View Profile
I'm amazed at how quickly this sequel was translated
I played it and it seemed perfect, Thank you very much

kaiisen

• View Profile
So fast!

A shame the next one was released on Saturn instead, there's a special feel about these Turbografx games.

Thank you so much for your exceptional work.

dshadoff

• View Profile
    • Homepage (really old)
I thought the next one was released on PC-FX...

kaiisen

• View Profile
I thought the next one was released on PC-FX...

I'm talking about the one that follows next, Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 3, which remains in japanese.

Although, I noticed that there's another version of it to PSX, Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna: Final Edition.

I suppose it's better than Saturn's?

cccmar

• View Profile
I'm talking about the one that follows next, Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 3, which remains in japanese.

Although, I noticed that there's another version of it to PSX, Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna: Final Edition.

I suppose it's better than Saturn's?
It adds some stuff, I think. Seems like there are somewhat sharper cutscenes, some additional modes, and some other small improvements/bug fixes. And well, it's on PSX, which is a far more popular console, so it makes sense why they ported it.

SegaJAM

• PSN: SegaJAM
    • View Profile
    • SegaJAM's Youtube page!
Another great translation! Played through it and found no issues whatsoever. The inclusion of "minigames" in this sequel were a bit odd, as they didn't really add much to the overall experience. The game also felt even more straightforward than the first one somehow. Finally, the card "battle system" can be brutal sometimes due to how random it can be. Despite these things, it still has a lot of charming dialogue and characters that made for a fun experience.

I recorded my playthrough, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5XIY-rrzXIQwgG9naS5ph5UVvf0INS07

Preki

• View Profile
Is it possible to apply the patch to the PSP version of this and previous game? I'd rather play these on my PSP when commuting back from work, rather than via emulator on the PC at home.