News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Controllers for PC Gaming - Got a fave?  (Read 799 times)

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Controllers for PC Gaming - Got a fave?
« on: December 07, 2021, 06:58:06 pm »
Mine is the 8bitdo SF30 Pro, personally (with wireless adapter, of course).

Good weight, buttons are nice and springy, dpad is a little off at times, analog sticks have a nice round feel to them (although mine are broken), and it functions in many different input modes for my gaming convenience. I don't care for XBox Controllers, as they have too much bulk for me. I don't like feeling like I'm holding the weight up on the controller as I play. Batteries only add to this trouble.

How about you, fellow RHDNers? Talk at length about the merits and/or demerits of particular PC gaming controllers, and, GO
Yamero~~!

Bonesy

• View Profile
Re: Controllers for PC Gaming - Got a fave?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 09:00:34 pm »
i use a ds4 with ds4windows (ryochan fork)

i hate it some days and wish I had something like an 8bitdo pro2 or even one of the better quality xbone controllers

Sliver X

• der Wille zur Macht
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 11:10:02 pm »
If I'm sitting in front of a machine so don't care about a wire, I prefer to use a PSOne Dualshock masquerading as an XBox controller via SCPToolkit. I still think this particular model has the best analog sticks of any controller I've ever used, and I consider the digital L2/R2 buttons a feature rather than a bug.

If I'm using my HTPC/Phone/whatever I use 8bitdo Pro 2s (I have six of them now for my various machines): They have amazing dpads, decent analog sticks and are fairly ergonmic.

I have a couple of Switch Pro controllers but I need to just sell them off: Surprisingly, coming from the company that literally invented the dpad, they're absolute garbage. The XBox 360 dpad is the only one I can think of that manages to be even worse.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:17:45 pm by Sliver X »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 11:48:00 pm »
I have a couple of Logitech F310, mostly because they were cheap.

I like my PS3 controller, but ayoye, the drivers are inconvenient. (ScpToolkit is unquestionably an improvement over MotionInJoy, but it's still far from ideal.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

DragonAtma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 07:48:13 pm »
Keyboard and mouse.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
My mods: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Gemfire, 7th Saga, and more

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 09:22:08 pm »
8BitDo Pro 2.  It really is better than the SF30 in every way, like a fusion of the good parts of almost every great console controller (minus sega consoles anyway).  Much better d-pad, feels very solid, great sticks, and it seems to holding up great especially considering the price.  I can even update the firmware on a mobile device, where I use it more often.

Otherwise, a keyboard and mouse when it's better.  Never could get used to playing an FPS with anything but WSAD/Mouse.

earthboundfan15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 10:47:07 pm »
The 8BitDo Pro 2, the controller grip feels amazing, has decent build quality to it, great compatibility, it feels like the go to controller.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 09:34:20 am »
I've been using a Dualshock 3 via Bluetooth and the SCP Toolkit for it. My SN30 Plus is connected to my Switch and I have two 8bitdo SNES controllers on my SNES Classic. Unfortunately, my experience with 8bitdo has left a bit to be desired with fighting games. I want to try the Pro 2 though.

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 11:18:53 am »
I second the 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus 1 or 2.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future