News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: SMW Easy & Hard Modes  (Read 1006 times)

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
SMW Easy & Hard Modes
« on: December 02, 2021, 01:38:59 am »
I've decided to put Super Toads 3 on hiatus until further notice, and have instead decided to make two ROM Hacks of Super Mario World. As the title of this topic suggests, this was inspired by an old Flash game called Super Mario Bros. Crossover (which featured not just characters from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Blaster Master, Contra, Castlevania, and Mega Man, but also two difficulties that would alter the layout of stages and add or remove enemies and hazards, with the stage layouts being those of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, and the Japan-exclusive Super Mario Bros. Special). The alterations will add and remove stuff not used in the original levels (like Big Steelies in Front Door/Back Door in the Hard Mode hack and solid ground in the dreaded Power Balloon section of Tubular in the Easy Mode hack). While the hacks will be individually-made, they will be in a single .zip together, complete with Readme. The only things not to be altered include the boss fights with five out of the seven Koopalings, the Reznor boss fights, and the final showdown with Bowser. The only other changes beyond the altered difficulties involve Bowser's body and Yoshi's arms. Expect these mods to be released sometime in 2022.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that the Magikoopas will have the correct arrangement of blue shades in both hacks.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: SMW Easy & Hard Modes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 11:08:30 am »
The repeated use of "will" suggests this is a hack that has yet to be in production, which is a significant rule for the Personal Projects forum.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
Re: SMW Easy & Hard Modes
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 03:21:47 am »
I apologize, KingMike.

Anyway, if the 2022 deadline isn't met, I'll probably release the Easy Mode & Hard Mode mods sometime later in the decade. Oh, and speaking of the Koopalings, the original colors of Morton, Roy, and Ludwig in the end credits will be used in their respective boss fights, albeit rearranged to match their official artwork at the time. Similarly, Larry and Iggy's colors will be switched, and Iggy will have his unused hair that was only seen in the end credits. Not to mention that the Galoombas will have green feet and the Chargin' Chucks will wear blue uniforms like in their respective artworks and later appearances.