News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [Technical]Game Protection Deactivation for FDS Game (Dracula 2: Noroi no Fuuin)  (Read 4253 times)

DragonAtma

• View Profile
I'd go with orb, as "buy a glass" sounds like he's recommending a drinking cup .;)

Out of curiosity, is there any empty space (repeated 00s or FFs) nearby? If so, you may be able to sidestep the limited space by moving the dialog there and adjusting the pointers.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
My mods: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Gemfire, 7th Saga, and more

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
This is a copyright calculation (or whatever the hell it is) routine.

Make sure BEQ at 7811 always branches to 781B, and you'll be fine. For example you can write 3 NOP's instead of JSR, which leaves Z = 1 after LDA 00. Or you can replace JSR with a JMP to 781B.

IT WORKED!!!

Thanks to your advice, I managed to bypass that accursed "BIOS Loop", and I can further edit the FDS ROM.  Now that this blockade is out of the way, the next step I'm still having trouble with is figuring out the FDS ROM's pointer system for dialogue.

Brutapode89

• View Profile
When the english translation will be finished, can I use it to translate in french?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 12:05:48 am by Brutapode89 »

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
When the english translation will be finished, can I use it to translate in french?

I don't know when that's going to be, but when it's finally available... then yes.  You can TL it to French from English.

Brutapode89

• View Profile
I don't know when that's going to be, but when it's finally available... then yes.  You can TL it to French from English.

Excuse me, I wanted say in fact "The day when the english translation will be finished" instead "When only". But thanks for permission ;D