News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

AVGN

Started by CryinOnion, November 25, 2021, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tygerbug

QuoteOn the other hand, I would like to know if it is possible to reposition two tiles of the character two or three pixels vertically (the ones corresponding to Wolverine's claws) to match the animation.

I expect you can find the sprite construction of the character in that frame through very brief and selective use of the FCEUX code/data logger ... and see what lights up ...

CryinOnion

Yo people!

After completing Level 1 redesign https://youtu.be/dYMksvrgzBU and taking a short break, here's a small update (and a query):

I' ve replaced Sabertooth with the Nerd in the cutscenes in order to have the chance to add some fun dialogues fitting his character. Although now I have doubts about which one to choose between these two options. I would appreciate it if you could participate and give your opinion on the subject.

Here is a link to the poll I created on Twitter https://twitter.com/CryingOnion3/status/1541244436977520641?s=20&t=5obCh6ZaZNHmES4QxS_aNQ

Thank you in advance for your help. There's a lot of work to do, but I'm excited now that I've come up with a game to use as inspiration for the design of Level 2 (hint, the main character is the naughtiest kid in Springfield).

See you next time!

ifightdragons

VR? More like VD!

It's childish, which helps in this case. It also rolls off the tongue more easily.

CryinOnion

I had to google the meaning of V.D. because English is not my native language XD. The idea is funny, but in the end I opted for option A. I don't know why, in my head it sounds like the Nerd would say it.

These days I haven't made much progress, because in the last level a large number of enemies appear and I had to make sure that they used the right number of color palettes.

A funny thing happened to me while I was working on it: When I changed one of those enemies (the ninja) to Ted from Bill&Ted, I used the same palette as the Nerd, but it turns out that in his first appearance there are two small water sections and when the protagonist dives into them his palette changes to simulate being in the water... and of course, that affected Ted as well. I recycled Ted for another enemy and tried changing the ninja for one of the ninja turtles (giving him a unique color palette this time).  The idea worked well, but I ended up needing an extra palette for the final confrontation with the sub-boss, so I replaced the ninja once again, this time with Daniel-San from Karate Kid... and to all that, I had forgotten the incident with Ted and used once again the same palette as the Nerd, so yes, suddenly we were taking a dip and we had young Larusso in blue. In the end I cheated a little and will use the scenery editor to remove the water. That incident only occurs in that small section and really, that there is water is irrelevant.

Here's a little preview of what I've been working on https://youtu.be/YnrLQ0klKtM SPOILER ALERT: Bugs Bunny throws shit and hadoukens at the Nerd XDD