News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: "Final Fantasy VI - GBA Text Minus Pop-Culture References" is this hack solid?  (Read 1441 times)

Chrono 199X

• View Profile
Anyone here played through this hack by MoleMan start to finish? It seems it doesn't have a discussion page or any extensive reviews. A friend asked about romhacks for this game. I've played through the hacks made by Rodimus Primal and Hairy_Hen and they're great but for someone playing VI for the first time since release like him a hack like this is probably the best option. Since it's a 1.0 version still i want to know if it's working fine from start to finish before i recommend it to him.

stragusmagus

• View Profile
Anyone here played through this hack by MoleMan start to finish? It seems it doesn't have a discussion page or any extensive reviews. A friend asked about romhacks for this game. I've played through the hacks made by Rodimus Primal and Hairy_Hen and they're great but for someone playing VI for the first time since release like him a hack like this is probably the best option. Since it's a 1.0 version still i want to know if it's working fine from start to finish before i recommend it to him.
I too, am interested. Both the romhacks that you mentioned have many things that veer away from the vanilla experience, I'm curious whether someone playtested this one since GBA Script + SNES FFVI would be perfect.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
I looked under the hood of this just to see what it was. It is simply Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition using the patch with bugfixes and add-ons, and just inserted the GBA script wholesale and removed anything Slattery did to liven up the script. 

stragusmagus

• View Profile
I looked under the hood of this just to see what it was. It is simply Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition using the patch with bugfixes and add-ons, and just inserted the GBA script wholesale and removed anything Slattery did to liven up the script.
What was used to replace Slattery's Pop-Culture References? Woolsey's old script/dialogue?
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us