News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Sicari Remastered, now available on RHDN!  (Read 1475 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Sicari Remastered, now available on RHDN!
« on: November 10, 2021, 07:05:00 pm »

Update By: Yukivee

First released in 2018, Sicari Remastered is an SMW hack that is a full on remake of the 2013 hack "Sicari." Set in an original world with its own cast of characters, this hack is a 68 exit-long adventure, with many of the levels having their own unique theming, with all of the graphics being original and hand-drawn. Play as Sicari and her cyborg friend K-16, as they embark on a quest to stop the Goddess of Dimensions from invading their realm.

Welcome to the land of Paradia! Enjoy your stay!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
Re: ROM Hacks: Sicari Remastered, now available on RHDN!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 03:30:20 am »
This looks truly stunning! Great work!  :)

xZabuzax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 05:29:05 pm »
This is hands down the best Super Mario World hack, pretty damn good and it doesn't even feel like a Mario game.

Sicari 2 is also being in development, at this moment you can play the Demo of Sicari 2, the final version will hopefully be released in 2022.

Anyway, this hack deserves more recognition, go play it, you won't be disappointed.

Vercalos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 03:03:21 am »
So seeing that fantastic title screen inspired me to do this in EmuVR.

Two images taken in EmuVR(spoiler'd to spare people with bandwith issues)

Spoiler:

Uberdubie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 08:56:47 am »
I'm currently playing the latest update of Sicari Remastered from smwcentral.net that came out roughly ten months ago...

Cannot tell for the life of me if this is exactly the same update as that, or if this one just uploaded to romhacking.net is a newer version.  There is no version number mentioned on the smwcentral version, and both readme files with listed update changes are nearly (if not completely) identical -- so I'm assuming they're the same update despite the gap in time between the two. 

Can anyone verify this?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:11:31 am by Uberdubie »

Yukivee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 09:58:59 am »
I'm currently playing the latest update of Sicari Remastered from smwcentral.net that came out roughly ten months ago...

Cannot tell for the life of me if this is exactly the same update as that, or if this one just uploaded to romhacking.net is a newer version.  There is no version number mentioned on the smwcentral version, and both readme files with listed update changes are nearly (if not completely) identical -- so I'm assuming they're the same update despite the gap in time between the two. 

Can anyone verify this?

Yep, this is the same update, so no worries!

And thank you everyone for the kind comments <3

Uberdubie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 11:21:46 am »
Yep, this is the same update, so no worries!

And thank you everyone for the kind comments <3

Thanks for the clarification!  And more importantly, thank you for all your work on these BRILLIANT hacks.  SMW hacks are extremely popular in this house (right up there with our favorite AAA titles etc), and yours are at the top! :thumbsup: